Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys (gals). Some jackwagon side-swiped my car today in the parking lot at work. They popped the cap off my driver's side mirror. The real asshatness of this is, I was in a handicapped space with 3 feet of white stripes on that side of the car. And they still hit it. And wait...the cap is nowhere to be found. I am flabbergasted. I will check with the police on Monday and see if there is some video (the garage does have cameras). But until then, the question is, can I get just the cap and replace it, or do I need the whole mirror. It's a 2015 Jazz Blue SXT Rallye.

IMG_1853.jpg

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
Aftermarket vendors (e.g. eBay) sell just the covers. The dealerships only list the mirror glass or the entire mirror assembly. You may not find the covers in the factory Jazz Blue. They are mostly chrome, black, carbon fiber, etc... so you may not to get it painted to match the car.
Which may be why your mirror cap is missing. There are unscrupulous people who will steal car parts on order. You need a Jazz Blue mirror cap ... just call Midnight Requisition and ask for Vinnie.

·
Registered
256 Posts
If you’re parked in a handicapped spot without the tags I’d say you got off easy. Otherwise that sucks and it’s good no real damage was done. Like djalbin said it looks like they’re only sold aftermarket in colors that don’t match the factory paint. So either get one and have it painted or change both out so they’ll at least match.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Plates are good, (Disabled Vet DV plates). I have a suspicion, but will wait to see if there is any camera recording first. Appreciate the not so good news on the mirror, and about what I expected. I'll keep looking.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, this is what I found: Mirror

For the life of me, I couldn't find just the cap. Well, not a painted cap. The were all "ready to paint". I imagine that would run up the cost to the replacement mirror. Replacement doesn't look bad. If anyone has a lead on a Jazz Blue cap only, let me know!

·
Registered
2017 Charger R/T Blacktop
3,570 Posts
Okay, this is what I found: Mirror

For the life of me, I couldn't find just the cap. Well, not a painted cap. The were all "ready to paint". I imagine that would run up the cost to the replacement mirror. Replacement doesn't look bad. If anyone has a lead on a Jazz Blue cap only, let me know!
You could try salvage yards.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got the new mirror, and got it put on over the weekend. Perfect fit, and it all looks good. It was a pretty straight-forward job, and I only broke two of the door panel plastic doodads that hold the panel on. Maybe I'll replace them later if the door starts to rattle, but so far no issues. The only thing though, the part number is off by one letter. It could just be a year thing as mine was dated 2015, and the replacement is 2019. The original part number is "1LD59KBXAH", and the new one is "1LD59KBXAK". But as I said, everything works, and it's all good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts