Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my AWD has about 80K miles and I wanted to service the transmission and differentials. Any tips? What about fluids, what would be recommended? Synthetics?
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
my AWD has about 80K miles and I wanted to service the transmission and differentials. Any tips? What about fluids, what would be recommended? Synthetics?
Thanks!
If we assume you've got a 2015 3.6 AWD Charger, you should have the 845RE transmission and the Borg-Warner 44-40 transfer case.

You can buy genuine ZF Lifeguard 8 fluid on that big auction website. Last time I checked it was around $30/qt, might be up a bit now with supply chain issues. You buy the transmission pan and filter all as one unit. They're very popular and you can get them reasonably priced on Rock Auto, that big auction website or that other big website named after a river in South America.

Check your owner's manual to be sure, but I use synthetic 75w-140 in my Charger rear differentials and 75w-90 in the front.

My AWD isn't a Borg-Warner 44-40 like yours, but if it was, I would use Ravenol BW44 transfer case fluid.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts