Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i ordered a set of dropzone springs a few months ago, but i haven't installed them yet. i also am wanting to order the grip front bumper for my car at the end of the month. i know the springs lower the car 2'' and i heard the bumper is 2'' lower as well, that's a total of about 4'' of drop.. i have 265/35r/22 rims as well. will i scrape the ground? or is this not a good idea? i want my car lower but defff want the grip bumper too! what can i do? thanks-Dom

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
The grip is low and has some issues with clearance.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
The very front of the Grip's lip dips pretty low. I'm reading about people using SRT8 springs instead of other vendors because the drop of the isn't as great. Dropzones and a Grip kit makes for a really aggressive look. How healthy are the roads in NY?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^^they aren't that bad where i live, with the occasional rough spots, but i don't want to turn into a snow plow when the winter hits here lol. i think it will look awesome, what do you guys think??-Dom

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Yea it will look good the only problem is how long is it going to look good that low to the ground You will have some Issues

·
Registered
13,506 Posts
You will have issues, I wouldn't do it in NY.

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Driveways will be your enemy. I know someone will a Grip kit and a very low stance but he had to adjust his route to various places to avoid damage. The roads here aren't that great and when the winter hits it's downright nasty. In my area I would get the kit but dropping it 2 inches would be out for sure. But it would look really sweet!

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I have read that the grip is lower that the SRT and with the 2" drop it will be hell to take care of especially around dips, speed bumps, high parking lots, parking stoppers, etc etc... Just take them slow and at an angle.
I'll be happy to take the springs off your hands if you Change you mind LoL!!

·
Registered
2,567 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea im going to get the grip bumper first and have it installed then go from there, but what about the ksport springs, how much do they lower the car? -Dom

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
yea im going to get the grip bumper first and have it installed then go from there, but what about the ksport springs, how much do they lower the car? -Dom
Good idea. Post pics when you do.

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
If you still want it lowered after the Grip is installed i would go with the Mopar stage ones, you will get a little more then an inch of drop on the V6 models and not quite an inch and half on the R/T or SRT..

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^ sounds like a plan! lol i will definitely post up pics when its done, i just painted my tails last night and they came out sweet. by far one of my favorite mods so far lol-Dom

·
Registered
1,023 Posts

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
dropzones are the same drop as KSports. I would like to get the grip front end, but I think my stock bumper is close to the ground already. Only other solution is to get air bags.....
X2 i agree with that :D

·
Registered
629 Posts
SRT springs would drop an R/T 3/4" to 1", not sure about a V6 car. If you decide to go this route, I have the part numbers. Even from a dealer the OEM prices are right in line with aftermarket, or less. Even with my stock R/T lower fascia I've tagged it a few times. When I visit my mom I have to enter or exit her driveway at an angle.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yea when i get the grip bumper i definitely don't want to mess that up!! lol but i want that squatty low stance it just looks so menacing lol-Dom

1 - 20 of 20 Posts