Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a REN non-nav MyGig head unit and would really like to have the ability to watch DVDs while in motion. Until today, I assumed that this was only available if you install a Lockpick (or AllGig) device. I do not have a navigation system, a backup camera, or rear headrest screens so it seems silly to spend $200-$300+ on a Lockpick that does 20 different things when I am only interested in one of its features. So that being said, I was browsing ebay today and came across a listing from OEM Autoparts Co that offer a special programming service to unlock the video in motion feature on the MyGig without a Lockpick! The caveat is that you have to send in your MyGig to them and then they will reprogram it and send it back which I really do not want to have to do.

Has anyone had any experience with this? Is this something that I can somehow persuade the dealership to do??

·
Registered
10,545 Posts
I'm not sure if it will work for you, but I'll throw it out here anyways. Usually you have to ground the E-brake (Brake) wire in order to eliminate the warning screen that comes up on most In-Dash DVD players. I'd say, figure out which one is your brake wire and then ground that bad boy. You can also do a search on google to see if there is a way to access another menu by pressing keys on the remote (If there is a remote). I did this with my last system, and I'll be doing it with my new one tomorrow. Let me know how it works out. Maybe you can go to your local shop and ask one of the guys how to do it there. A shop that does mods for the most part, because places like Best Buy and what not are afraid to tell you due to a fear of legal issues.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I was in the same spot. 250-300 bones was a bit much for one feature.
I went the used route and found a version back of the lockpick for just about 120 online.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was in the same spot. 250-300 bones was a bit much for one feature.
I went the used route and found a version back of the lockpick for just about 120 online.
Yea after scouring the internet for a couple of hours, all of the non-Lockpick suggestions seemed really sketchy so I just decided to bite the bullet and got a new Lockpick off eBay for $180.

·
Registered
4,698 Posts
Yea after scouring the internet for a couple of hours, all of the non-Lockpick suggestions seemed really sketchy so I just decided to bite the bullet and got a new Lockpick off eBay for $180.

Keep us posted man! The video-in-motion might not be useful, but the lockpick allows you to use 3rd party backup cameras.:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts