Dodge Charger Forum banner

DVD Player & Dash lights

523 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  leeps691 
#1 ·
My wife and I wanted to drive out to a dark place and watch a DVD with the windows and sunroof open last night, in our recently purchased 2014 Charger SXT. We thought it would be like having our own personal drive-in theater, under the stars. With the car lights off, the screen was so bright it was unwatchable, I adjusted the brightness in the display settings to their dimmest setting but it was still too bright, so we turned the running lights on the get the screen to be dimmer. We didn't want to have these lights on at all, but it was the only way I could get the screen to not be so bright. There were 2 other issues as well, after 20 or 30 minutes the car shut itself off from the ACC position, the car probably assumed that I had erroneously left the vehicle and has some sort of power saving feature. Lastly the dash was lit during this process and was constantly telling me to push the Start/Stop button to start the car and this light was a bit of a nuisance. This leads me to my question, if the player will only display the DVD screen when the vehicle is not moving (Unless a LockPick is used), and the screen shuts off after 20-30 minutes in the ACC position, is running the car in park for the only way to actually watch a DVD? Is there some way that I can get the dash to not be lit while watching a DVD at night? Is there any way to get the DVD player to be dimmer without using running lights? This is my first post on this forum and if this is not the right place to post this message, I apologize, where should it be if it is the wrong place?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.