Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://www.amazon.com/Dynomax-24250-Race-Bullet-Muffler/dp/B007ISYE1I

Looking for input from those that have any of these installed. I had my Charger straight piped and didn't like all the drone. Had rear resonators put back on. Now running it with just mid muffler delete. Been thinking about having a Flowmaster Super 44 installed where the mid muffler went. But just came across the mini bullet.

What exactly is it? I know Google is my friend but looking for input from people here on the forum. Also, would there be any drone with the mini bullets?

Lastly, from my experience and input from others on here, the rear resonators are what combat/minimize the drone. Would removing them again and installing the mini bullets be any better?

As always, thanks guys.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not an apples to apples comparison, but I have the full size race bullets (#24222) on my RT. I kept the resonators also. Zero drone.
Your Charger sounds amazing. Do you get any drone?

I have the SXT so I doubt I’ll get the same sound as your R/T; can’t compare a V6 with a Hemi V8. But I think it’ll give me the sound I’m looking for which is a deeper and throatier sound than stock. Thanks for sharing this.

Reactions: ScotchWhisky

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finally ordered the Dynomax Race Bullet. Went with the full size 2.5” p/n 24215. I’ll be taking my Charger to my muffler guy this weekend to have it installed. I’ll be replacing the straight pipe that was installed when I had the mid muffler removed. I hope this finally gives me the sound I want. Planning to keep the rear resonators on because when I removed them originally I got nothing but drone inside the car.

Goal is to get a deeper tone than stock, throaty sound on cold start and while on WOT but pretty quiet while cruising. Currently with mid muffler deleted I get some raspiness at low RPM. Hoping this Rave Bullet gets rid of that.

Bought it on Amazon for $42. From reading the reviews by others, they all seem to be pretty happy with it. A lot have commented on very little to no drone and a deeper muscle car tone.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Finally ordered the Dynomax Race Bullet. Went with the full size 2.5” p/n 24215. I’ll be taking my Charger to my muffler guy this weekend to have it installed. I’ll be replacing the straight pipe that was installed when I had the mid muffler removed. I hope this finally gives me the sound I want. Planning to keep the rear resonators on because when I removed them originally I got nothing but drone inside the car.

Goal is to get a deeper tone than stock, throaty sound on cold start and while on WOT but pretty quiet while cruising. Currently with mid muffler deleted I get some raspiness at low RPM. Hoping this Rave Bullet gets rid of that.

Bought it on Amazon for $42. From reading the reviews by others, they all seem to be pretty happy with it. A lot have commented on very little to no drone and a deeper muscle car tone.
Outstanding,looking forward to hearing your set up.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Had the race bullet installed today in place of the mid muffler and got rid of the rasp I was getting and somewhat of a slightly deeper tone than stock but still not quite there yet. I guess having the V8 and true dual setup is key because from your video with just the race bullets it sounds amazing and you still have the rear resonators.

Now I’m contemplating having the rear resonators removed again to see how it would sound now that I have the race bullet and not just a straight pipe where the mid muffler went.

What I’ve learned so far: straight pipe (no mid muffler and no rear resonators) nice on cold start and idle but too much drone. Mid muffler delete with resonators, no drone but raspiness. Now with race bullet and rear resonators, no raspiness, no drone, but not very loud, sort off stock but slightly deeper tone.

I’ll give it a few days to see if anything changes but may just have to go with removing rear resonators to see how having the race bullet instead of just a straight pipe changes the sound and hopefully not too much drone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts