Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for pros/ cons of running E89 in my 2020 R/T?

Besides the cost, ha ha!

But seriously, any information will be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Do you mean E85, Flex fuel? If so you're out of luck, not capable from the factory.... There are aftermarket options but usually ya don't need that unless you're not naturally aspirated...

·
Registered
561 Posts
Unless you are boosted, running hella compression or timing, there is no reason what so ever to run E85 in a stock, or mostly stock 5.7 Unless you just wanna say that you do for the clout and hype.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I think it important to restate that a factory 5.7, .6.2, or 6.4 from mopar is not equipped to deal with e85... It's not that it's a bad idea, it will destroy your fuel system. Without a specific pump, injectors, lines, etc you'll eat through all your factory components with the ethenol content... I think some of the older 3.6l were flex fuel complaint but not anymore. IMO flex fuel was a political hope for alternatives that never really caught on... There are some definite benefits for HP applications as that fuel runs cooler and with less detonation issues etc.. But won't do jack for the OP in this question, minus tear up a bunch of stuff...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you mean E85, Flex fuel? If so you're out of luck, not capable from the factory.... There are aftermarket options but usually ya don't need that unless you're not naturally aspirated...
I think it important to restate that a factory 5.7, .6.2, or 6.4 from mopar is not equipped to deal with e85... It's not that it's a bad idea, it will destroy your fuel system. Without a specific pump, injectors, lines, etc you'll eat through all your factory components with the ethenol content... I think some of the older 3.6l were flex fuel complaint but not anymore. IMO flex fuel was a political hope for alternatives that never really caught on... There are some definite benefits for HP applications as that fuel runs cooler and with less detonation issues etc.. But won't do jack for the OP in this question, minus tear up a bunch of stuff...
Thank You! That is my biggest concern, the damage it could cause. I've only had my charger for 6 months. So, I'm just trying to find out the best way to take care of it, as well as add a little more horsepower without damaging anything. Again, I really appreciate the information!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unless you are boosted, running hella compression or timing, there is no reason what so ever to run E85 in a stock, or mostly stock 5.7 Unless you just wanna say that you do for the clout and hype.
[/QUOTE

Thank You! Unfortunately, no, all stock. And I'm definitely not going to use it for clout or hype. FYI, i've only had my charger for 6 months. So, just trying to take care of it best as possible as well as add a little horsepower without damaging anything. I appreciate the information!

·
Registered
98 Posts
If you drive aggressively, tow, or drive in a lot of hot weather, then you might get the most out of 89 octane that has up to 10% ethanol content. Otherwise, you can get by everyday driving with 87 octane with up to 10% ethanol. Stay away from E15 or higher ethanol content.

Whichever octane you do use, do NOT make a steady diet of the discount garbage gas. Stick with a brand that is Top Tier fuel rated. You can Google a list of approved Top Tier fuel vendors. Top Tier has more than the bare minimum EPA mandated additives, which will help your engine stay cleaner.

·
Registered
214 Posts
If we're gonna bring up additives, I'd have to mention aces 5 from Quantum Blue and if your gonna consider that then you have to mention everything else... You gotta call Mr Brian and get an account to order it, but he's a mopar fan, this means discount... Just Google quantum blue... He'll sell ya parts at 10% over cost, only, direct from Chrysler.. I got my 3.09 lsd from him very reasonably, 700 ish when they were stupid high for some reason on the net: Talking 1400 plus at the time ... He also makes specific oil, coolant, trans, and diff fluids for your charger, that will improve wear and longevity... He makes me special stuff for my boats also; motor oil, drive oil, filters, trans, hydraulic trim fluids, you name it... (Yes drive and trans fluids are different things.. lol boats...) The aces is his fuel treatment, adds back allot of what GoManGo is saying in regard to how fuel is tiered, plus more... High pressure lubrication from the fuel side is gone, all started when lead was removed and so on... Aces has some of those lubricants re-added as well as some detergents etc., ask Brian he'll explain it way better... Also, highly recommend you not believe any claims from anyone and buy the oil analysis kits from him or someone, if you go this route. Plus it's neat to see and understand whats happening wear wise inside your engine... Most people would probably never do my maintenance schedules with what I use, but I wanna use this expensive shit for a long time... The proof is in the pudding, if your r/t is new then after your breakin miles/defer to Brian as to when to switch... You should pull a sample from your last conventional change and have it analyzed.... Then once you switch track it at first/periodically with more samples. This will show you the actual wear happening now vs at break in ect. High wear during break in is normal and promotes good seating, wear in, ect ... However, the wear levels for Iron, nickel, lead, etc ... Should drop off once you make the swap... Use the oil analysis to track and know when something is amiss or when end of life is approaching... There are books on reading oil analysis and the conclusions one could make...

How much more ya want op?

·
Registered
561 Posts
If we're gonna bring up additives, I'd have to mention aces 5 from Quantum Blue and if your gonna consider that then you have to mention everything else... You gotta call Mr Brian and get an account to order it, but he's a mopar fan, this means discount... Just Google quantum blue... He'll sell ya parts at 10% over cost, only, direct from Chrysler.. I got my 3.09 lsd from him very reasonably, 700 ish when they were stupid high for some reason on the net: Talking 1400 plus at the time ... He also makes specific oil, coolant, trans, and diff fluids for your charger, that will improve wear and longevity... He makes me special stuff for my boats also; motor oil, drive oil, filters, trans, hydraulic trim fluids, you name it... (Yes drive and trans fluids are different things.. lol boats...) The aces is his fuel treatment, adds back allot of what GoManGo is saying in regard to how fuel is tiered, plus more... High pressure lubrication from the fuel side is gone, all started when lead was removed and so on... Aces has some of those lubricants re-added as well as some detergents etc., ask Brian he'll explain it way better... Also, highly recommend you not believe any claims from anyone and buy the oil analysis kits from him or someone, if you go this route. Plus it's neat to see and understand whats happening wear wise inside your engine... Most people would probably never do my maintenance schedules with what I use, but I wanna use this expensive shit for a long time... The proof is in the pudding, if your r/t is new then after your breakin miles/defer to Brian as to when to switch... You should pull a sample from your last conventional change and have it analyzed.... Then once you switch track it at first/periodically with more samples. This will show you the actual wear happening now vs at break in ect. High wear during break in is normal and promotes good seating, wear in, ect ... However, the wear levels for Iron, nickel, lead, etc ... Should drop off once you make the swap... Use the oil analysis to track and know when something is amiss or when end of life is approaching... Their are books on reading oil analysis and the conclusions one could make...

How much more ya want op?
Possible proper sentence structure and spacing instead of one long paragraph sales pitch that is headache inducing.

Funny how you have to actually come out and say "Don't believe what anyone else may say! Only believe what We say about this product!". Total Red Flag right there.

And ACES isn't his, evidence supports he is just a distributor. And by Evidence I mean EPA's list of legally required Registered Fuel additives and the company's who applied for them. And his "Company" is not listed.

·
Registered
561 Posts
So, were you actually talking about E85, or just actual higher normal gas octane? I was under impression you were talking about the E85 stuff (Ethanol based fuel)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Wow!! I think you should reread... I said not to believe anyone including me. I clearly stated to do your own research... Not sure how Brian has "his" additive registered, however if required I'm sure he does...

Just so this is clear to you, Im not selling anything. I'm simply passing on what I do...

You seem pretty argumentative and not very contributory...

Your quote suggesting I said to only trust me is rubbish, where'd that come from?

Ill try to use paragraphs for you though if it helps you understand...

·
Registered
214 Posts
Here's your evidence... Shouldn't be so quick man, maybe this is good shit... Do you know or think its bad or not legit...?

From the EPA... Quantum Blue or BnD automotive is clearly a DBA for his INC... Looks to me, at least...
Product Black Mobile device Communication Device Font

·
Registered
561 Posts
Here's your evidence... Shouldn't be so quick man, maybe this is good shit... Do you know or think its bad or not legit...?

View attachment 125069

Consultant does not mean owner. Also, Brains company is Advance Combustion Engineered Solutions. Not American Clean Energy Systems who holds the registration. Which also, Brians claims to have NOT any affiliation with. Here are screen grabs from his website and EPA list. My evidence still stands. Specially when his own website says they are not affialted. Altthough since I've been calling him out we may see this disappear soon.

Font Screenshot Parallel Rectangle Number

Thank you for playing. Try again.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Wow!! I think you should reread... I said not to believe anyone including me. I clearly stated to do your own research... Not sure how Brian has "his" additive registered, however if required I'm sure he does...

Just so this is clear to you, Im not selling anything. I'm simply passing on what I do...

You seem pretty argumentative and not very contributory...

Your quote suggesting I said to only trust me is rubbish, where'd that come from?

Ill try to use paragraphs for you though if it helps you understand...

So I added the Only trust us, but it is implied how you said it that only advice to be trusted is one you are giving. Maybe that's just my reading of it.

And doing proper spacing and such is just touch of professionalism and fore thought. I take time to try and make my post easy, clear to read. And that my spelling is at least correct as I make mistakes and I go back and look through alot.

Screenshot Font Electronic device Multimedia Software

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'm sorry to disappoint, didn't realize this was English class...

I didn't imply anything I didnt say. Dont trust anyone is what I said. I followed that with a do your own research to enforce the no trust, so very confused as to how you got "trust me" out of it...

I think I'll trust what pulls up under the EPAs site, it doesn't have your email saying their unaffiliated and maybe legally they are... That's not crazy ya know... The phone number listed for both companies ring Brian's phone number... Maybe legally they are separated, but Brian made the crap I'm pretty sure... Why would he be a consultant for a company he's not affiliated with? I don't know the man personally but you seem to think he's untruthful... Care to prove some of this?

Everything I've ever got or analyzed after had less metal in it... That's all I know for sure and all I said here... I'll be happy post the analysis showing less metals present... Wow, I didn't know I was gonna face an inquiry for this...

Maybe you don't know all, maybe you do.. Either way your attitude sucks...

·
Registered
214 Posts
What spelling is wrong...? Also, since when do we start sentences with "And"... Just saying, if we're in English class...

Also, I assume you mean just "a" touch of professionalism.... Yeah top notch...

Freaking internet bullies, I welcome your argument... I am open to the fact that I could learn something... This is just childish though, and I won't stand for it... Open to learn but you're not teaching anything so far...

·
Registered
561 Posts
What spelling is wrong...? Also, since when do we start sentences with "And"... Just saying, if we're in English class...

Also, I assume you mean just "a" touch of professionalism.... Yeah top notch...

Freaking internet bullies, I welcome your argument... I am open to the fact that I could learn something... This is just childish though, and I won't stand for it... Open to learn but you're not teaching anything so far...
I never said anything you said was spelt wrong. I said I make the effort to make sure mine is, as a indication that I go back and look putting the effort into it to keep it from looking from a hot jumbled run on mess. And, I mentioned I make plenty of mistakes. So when I say maybe you should put some effort into make your discussion more readable, least you know I at least attempt to make same effort.

Far as starting a sentence with "and" where it may be informal, it is not incorrect. Just like one can start a sentence with "but" as well.

So here is your English lesson. Best make sure you have your book on right page before calling me out.

Far as the EPA, words are clear. Consultant is not an owner of it. When you can find a definition of consultant that shows ownership, or supplier of goods in it then maybe you will have ground. And the company Brian is listed as having is plain and simple not the one EPA lists. Its Very clear of that. You can not say you have no affiliation with something, and then physical, government website based shows you do and expect to be trusted with such conflicted information.

I never argued the products don't work. I argued how they are sold as some amazing thing, and that rest of us are stupid for putting anything less in our cars. The product is not what is bad. The salesman behind it is. And the right that gives you power to voice your opinion, is the same I have to voice mine. We are neither right, or wrong in doing so. Only in interpretation of information given.

You say you are willing to learn, you action show otherwise. Even when it is the info you posted.

Good day, I will not trash this thread up further.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts