Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got word from a bud about his Rhino ramps collapsing and breaking. He drove up on them, set the brake, checked the positioning, was getting a jack stand to place under it as a backup (will not completely trust plastic) and heard it drop.
There are other examples out there on product review sites with pics.

So in my searching I found the below for $280.00 delivered and like them. you are basically sitting on top of two 5-Ton Jacks.

Pros. Sturdy, no wobble, will hold the weight, can go higher if needed.
Arrived fast.
Lots of height and more available.

Cons. Add says USA but its Chinese, (why not just admit it).
A little cheesy layout (I would have built them different)- the jack handle can only let you use small strokes (I bent mine to get more).
Will slide on smooth concrete (I use industrial / gym weight room pads).
More on the build, the lift pads are not precision built. If you pull the pins and try to lift out by hand, mine needed the jack to push them up a little. Not too bad, and they may break in.

For the peace of mind, I'm not too hurt by $280.00.

ramps_ebay.JPG

ebay_ramps09.jpg

Reactions: mofogo

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
I have those rhino ramps and haven't seen them flex at all but will make sure I check them from now on and even use jack stands for extra measure.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Look at some Amazon reviews.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I have a previous version of the Rhino ramps to the ones in the pic above. I have had no issue with them. Looks as if the new ones are nestable - mine are not.
I have not had my safety hat on though because I have never thought about them failing and collapsing while I am under there changing oil. Thanks for posting this gapi.

My Scatty won't run up on the Rhinos without some wood blocks in front. Looks like your steel ones would require the same for me.

Also, how is the hydraulic jack attached to the tire platform?

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The jacks are bolted. My Rhinos, and my buds are nestable.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
I have the same issue with my cars clearance. I need to use a 2x8 to get up without rubbing. When you say nestable, do you mean stackable?

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 7 of 7 Posts