Edelbrock intake manifold

Discussion in 'Charger Performance Mods - Engine - 5.7L HEMI' started by stormr, Jan 10, 2018.

1. stormr

stormr Member

Vehicle:
    Charger AWD
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2014
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Brilliant Black
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Edelbrock-...ash=item1a36d2e9eb:g:yqcAAOSwY~laBlKv&vxp=mtr

Has anyone attempted this swap yet instead of the 6.4 swap? I am curious to find out if it's better, the same as 5.7, or somewhere in between. It lists it as being for the 5.7/6.1/6.4 so I don't know if it would be equal to the 6.4 or not. Price is close to what a used 6.4 intake is. I would love to find out if anyone has it yet or not. I wouldn't mind going this route for my 5.7 if the gains are close. Although I wonder what all is needed to swap it out.

2. djalbin

djalbin Active Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Charger R&T STP
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2012
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Pitch Black
  3. B4TD4D

B4TD4D Active Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2015
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Pitch Black
    I was reading up on it on a Challenger site because it seems to be hard to find info on, but one mildly modded 5.7 said he saw his power drop. He was not running a hellcat throttle body though which seems to be recommended by other users. A 6.4 tester saw no power drop on the low end as many have suggested would happen due to it being similar to the 6.1 manifold, and he says he picked up power at the top end but was waiting for dyno runs. The new manifold seems to requires a modified intake tube, the use of edelbrock’s fuel rails, and changes to catch can plumbing. It will also not allow you to use half covers and potentially not some strut bars.