Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi forum, just finished installing my Holley sniper intake,on my 08 DAYTONA, now im getting "DTC's for the egr system. i have a new diablo sport I3, called diablo, they say there is nothing they can do with the 500.00 tuner i bought for this reason. should have asked questions first. anyways, does anyone know of a way to de-activate the EGR monitor?
any help appreciated, thanks for this forum to come to

Attachments

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
getting "DTC's for the egr system
What specific codes are getting logged? Have you checked the Evap vacuum hose/connecion to the Sniper intake?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What specific codes are getting logged? Have you checked the Evap vacuum hose/connecion to the Sniper intake?
yes, new lhose ran to the evap, getting codes 0403/0406 as soon as the engine fires, shut it off, clear the codes, re-start, same results. another member sugested that the ecm, is checking the egr circuit on start-up

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
P0403 is a EGR solenoid circuit code. It gets set when the EGR solenoid control circuit is not in the expected state when requested to operate by the PCM/ECM.
P0406 is a EGR position circuit code. It gets set when the EGR position sensor signal is greater than 4.89 volts.
Problem is electrical rather than vacuum. Could be the EGR assembly or the wiring harness/connectors between the EGR and the PCM.

The PCM sends a 5V supply signal to the EGR. The PCM also provides a sensor ground. The PCM sends a control signal to the EGR solenoid and the EGR sensor sends a position signal back to the PCM. The EGR also has a chassis ground.
Slope Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern

Font Automotive exterior Parallel Automotive lighting Rectangle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts