Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2014 Charger has started to turn on all the dash lights randomly, it turns on headlights, turn signals and even the wipers come on by themselves… A few weeks ago the failure lasted no more than 60 seconds and the car stops working normally after that. Later the fault lasted longer and was only temporarily solved if you turned off the car and disconnected the battery for a few minutes. Currently the car no longer turns on because when it is started, the festival of lights begins at once and disconnecting the battery no longer works. I have taken it to check and they tell me that all the connections are good. even that the ground connections are good. the same as the body control module they tell me that it is ok.. I don't know what to do really. I have ordered a new PCM but I don't know if it is the solution. Any help will be useful

Attachments

· Registered
3,627 Posts
started to turn on all the dash lights randomly, it turns on headlights, turn signals and even the wipers
These circuits are controlled by the BCM and can exhibit strange behavior if there's any main battery issues. Did they report any diagnostic codes being logged when they checked the BCM? Did they load test the battery for any shorted cells?

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
These circuits are controlled by the BCM and can exhibit strange behavior if there's any main battery issues. Did they report any diagnostic codes being logged when they checked the BCM? Did they load test the battery for any shorted cells?
I have currently put a new battery in it and it continues with the problem.. at the time of scanning it, it reported more than 40 errors in all the electrical systems of the car including lights, abs, airbags, transmission, etc., it also reported communication problems with the BCM and something like NO BUS

· Registered
3,627 Posts
With 40+ electrical and communication codes there's a problem affecting the CAN Buses (controller area network) and power distribution. It could be the TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Module). Essentially it's the fuse box. There's a front fuse box (engine compartment) and a rear fuse box (trunk). There's companies that sell rebuilt TIPM units. You can do a web search on "TIPM".
You can check underneath the front fuse box for the condition of the wiring harness/connectors. Do the same for the rear. But if the problem is internal to the TIPM then you will need to replace it.
Fuse Box Diagram Dodge Charger (2011-2019)

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With 40+ electrical and communication codes there's a problem affecting the CAN Buses (controller area network) and power distribution. It could be the TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Module). Essentially it's the fuse box. There's a front fuse box (engine compartment) and a rear fuse box (trunk). There's companies that sell rebuilt TIPM units. You can do a web search on "TIPM". You can check underneath the front fuse box for the condition of the wiring harness/connectors. Do the same for the rear. But if the problem is internal to the TIPM then you will need to replace it. Fuse Box Diagram Dodge Charger (2011-2019) .
With 40+ electrical and communication codes there's a problem affecting the CAN Buses (controller area network) and power distribution. It could be the TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Module). Essentially it's the fuse box. There's a front fuse box (engine compartment) and a rear fuse box (trunk). There's companies that sell rebuilt TIPM units. You can do a web search on "TIPM". You can check underneath the front fuse box for the condition of the wiring harness/connectors. Do the same for the rear. But if the problem is internal to the TIPM then you will need to replace it. Fuse Box Diagram Dodge Charger (2011-2019) .
In case I install a new TIPM, do I need to reprogram the computer? or is it something just plug and play?... in one of the times that the mechanic checked the car previously they mentioned a problem supposedly in the radio frequency hub but for me it doesn't make any sense because the keyless has never given problems (the service in the Autoshop was terrible).. by the way the wiring harness/connectors looks good.

· Registered
2013 R/T Max
639 Posts
Open both fuse boxes and push down on all the fuses & relays. Takes 2 minutes & costs nothing.
My Ram (and many others) had a tendency for fuses to 'walk' up in their slots from vibration. Caused a dashboard light show.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Open both fuse boxes and push down on all the fuses & relays. Takes 2 minutes & costs nothing.
My Ram (and many others) had a tendency for fuses to 'walk' up in their slots from vibration. Caused a dashboard light show.
Thanks for the advice but it didn't work for me. I have checked every fuse and relay

1 - 8 of 8 Posts