Dodge Charger Forum banner

Electric throttle

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  beasy1986 
#1 ·
The red lightening bolt pops up at times on my dash and the engine light is on my 2010 dodge charger. the machine at Oreilly says the electrical gasket, thermostat and gas cap. Any ideal whats wrong ? it drives good till the lighten bolt comes on then it starts skipping, but you put it in park and turn off and crank back up it goes off.

#2 ·
electrical gasket, thermostat and gas cap
That's quite a range of parts for the Electronic Throttle Control (ETC) Light.

If a ETC problem is detected by the car, the light will come on while the engine is running. If you cycle the ignition key with the vehicle completely stopped, and the shift lever placed in the PARK position, the light should turn off.
If the light remains lit with the engine running, your vehicle will usually be drivable. However, you may experience reduced performance, an elevated/rough idle or engine stall. If the light is flashing when the engine is running, immediate service is required.

Hard to pinpoint the problem without a DTC (diagnostic trouble code). If you plug a OBD2/CAN scanner into the car OBD2 port you will be able to see what active/pending DTCs have been logged. You need to reference the actual DTC (e.g. P0121) in order to determine root cause.

#3 ·
my 2014 r/t was having a problem starting, while i tried to start it the lighting bolt would flash along with the engine light and the car would not start...however once the car gets started, it ran fine...took the car to get looked at, of course nothing was found on the diagnostic, and they were able to start the car without any problems. It seems as if the no start occurs after the car has been sitting for some hours...have you had any luck yet locating a problem?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.