Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 dodge charger 3.5l With 156k Miles. Only recent work I have had done is two air bag recalls, but since then at random points (and its getting more and more frequent) My Emergency brake lights up, along with the windshield wash light, My radiator fans will kick on, My lights will either A: Not work at all (light up a second and turn off) Or only 1 will light up or both very very dim. Blinkers go haywire. Traction control will not kick off. It honestly sounds like a ground issue to me (Hopefully) I ran my codes and and none deal with that issue. I have the infamous p1004 code (shortrunner valves) and I have a small hole in my power steering line. Any pointers are GREATLY APPRECIATED. Or a starting point.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Battery tested good, alternator operating as it should. It would make sense, and thank you for that starting point. If only I was that lucky

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Checking all the ground connections is a good idea.
The 2006 Chargers have a FCM (Front Control Module) that's mounted on the front side of the engine bay fuse box. The FCM controls a lot of the electrical functions you're having problems with.
Messages are sent over the CAN (Controller Area Network) bus circuit to the FCM. The FCM reads these messages and controls power to the electrical systems by completing the circuit to ground (low side driver) or completing the circuit to 12 volt power (high side driver).
There's no way to test the FCM without using the diagnostic system used by the dealerships. You can check the electrical connections to the FCM to see if they're loose, corroded, etc...
Unless you have a OBD2/CAN scanner that read more than powertrain codes, you will not see any codes logged for ABS, body, chassis codes.

Reactions: monroe90

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ironically I work at a Chevrolet dealership, They are unable to help me much. I might end up having to take it into the Chrysler center very soon. Ill check that over, I swear it seems like a ground issue or some loose connection, a few things I forgot to add is my outside temp will read -40 degrees, itll ding at me, cig lighter just went out, (It MIGHT be my charger though I havnt looked into that much)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Connection has unstable voltage flow, such reaction are rare to see from my experience, but it could be worse if actions are not taken. Try and contact this company for them to know how to design a circuit board specifically for you and maybe a new one will be the “exit” out of situation. Give them proper information for them to create a new one. If you are sure with the battery that works fine (by now), everything should work as it should from the start. My situation was close and by thousands ideas of problems that could be with my car at the end was the CB.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts