Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Vendor
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of our next products is going to be modified engine covers, and we would like to hear your input! Our base is going to be the 2 piece covers found on the 6.4L. So far the only options we have seen are the stickers and 3D printed black ones. I have a couple questions below that relate to a couple ideas we've had at the shop. I do want to add that we are a fully operational machine shop, so there really isn't a limit to what we can do. We are focusing on the badge portion, not the complete cover.

Material - Sticker, Plastic, Aluminum

Mounting Style - 3M, Epoxy, Bolt On

Depth - Flat stock with text machined into it, Flat stock machined around text (text would be raised with 3D effect), laser etched

Color - Color matched base with text raised and billet, Black base with text color matched

If you have any ideas you may have, share them with us. Your feedback on our projects is the reason we joined the Z!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I would LOVE to have a bolt-on, aluminum one, color matched with a custom "Dodge Motorsports" or "Mopar Racing" logo with the punisher skull...to go with my theme! I could def whoop something up in photoshop as to what I'm looking for!!

Damn Jeremy, you guys are gonna keep getting my paychecks with your dope ass products!!! You guys RULE!!!!!

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Definitely let us know when we can get this going!!

Reactions: Khaos Motorsports

·
Registered
256 Posts
One of our next products is going to be modified engine covers, and we would like to hear your input! Our base is going to be the 2 piece covers found on the 6.4L. So far the only options we have seen are the stickers and 3D printed black ones. I have a couple questions below that relate to a couple ideas we've had at the shop. I do want to add that we are a fully operational machine shop, so there really isn't a limit to what we can do. We are focusing on the badge portion, not the complete cover.

Material - Sticker, Plastic, Aluminum

Mounting Style - 3M, Epoxy, Bolt On

Depth - Flat stock with text machined into it, Flat stock machined around text (text would be raised with 3D effect), laser etched

Color - Color matched base with text raised and billet, Black base with text color matched

If you have any ideas you may have, share them with us. Your feedback on our projects is the reason we joined the Z!
Material, if you can do all 3 at slightly different price points and have more options I’d say all three, if you just want one answer I’d go aluminum as long as there are multiple color options.

Mounting, Go bolt on, that way you can sell the covers and have the ability to easily change out the badges so yall could sell multiple different badges with one set of covers and we could change as we wish.

Depth, gotta go with the raised text.

Color, both options sound great, I’ll go with the color matched text though.

And also expect a nasty email from my wife when you start selling these.

·
Vendor
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Loving the feedback guys! We are definitely going to make them customizable. If it is something with a lot of detail, those would most likely be laser etched on a color matched piece of aluminum. We are leaning towards bolt on. Easier installation we our first thought, as you would have the ability to add it to your current covers (6.4 guys), or buy a new set with your custom text attached (5.7 guys). We never thought about someone having multiple sets and easily being able to swap them. That's a great idea, so make sure you all buy 2-3 sets :).

Keep the ideas coming!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Loving the feedback guys! We are definitely going to make them customizable. If it is something with a lot of detail, those would most likely be laser etched on a color matched piece of aluminum. We are leaning towards bolt on. Easier installation we our first thought, as you would have the ability to add it to your current covers (6.4 guys), or buy a new set with your custom text attached (5.7 guys). We never thought about someone having multiple sets and easily being able to swap them. That's a great idea, so make sure you all buy 2-3 sets :).

Keep the ideas coming!
I know all the “Daytona 392” guys will get theirs lol but I’d really like raised yellow letters reading “Book 2 Slug” or just a nasty realistic looking banana slug. Like this... kinda
F8135BCC-F813-4B46-A56F-5996B352772E.jpeg

But more wiggly looking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts