Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup, im looking to get a larger throttle body for my 392, 87mm, also a 160-180 thermostat, my question is will these void my warranty, also will i actually see 12whp as its stated on the site

·
Registered
275 Posts
Probably won’t see 12 hp . not that you would feel that anyway.. being as you are in a colder climate if you must change thermostats use a 192 .. it won’t set a too long to warm up code in the winter where the 180 will.

·
Registered
59 Posts
if you port the intake manifold along with the TB you will see a gain of about 15hp gut the cats and you will see more but still not much. I've ported a few intakes and have seen 15hp gain on the dyno but all the other mods were already completed the 15hp was a real gain from his last dyno the only difference was the intake porting. This was on a 17 scat. Find a used tuner diablo or HP and get the tranny tune for $75 on top of the 93 tune from either Jay Greene or Hemifever. If you dont plan on getting deep into modding your car and just want to run mid 11s this is the path but you wont get there without the tranny tune. Used tuner diablo T1000 or newer $250 Pcm unlock by diablo $100 Jay Greene or Hemifever Tune $250 + Tranny tune $75 for a total of $675 you will run 11.5-7 You will not get there with other mods. unless you go Cam, POrted intake ported TB Gutted exhaust, you will have to spend north of $3k and still need the tuner to tune your car then still only run mid 11s maybe 1-2 tenths better but that's a maybe. So leave it stock and tune it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts