Dodge Charger Forum banner

Take 5.7L Hemi (127,000m) from 08' Durango & into 2012 Charger removing it's V6 H.O. motor

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wat Wud You Do...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
As you wish.
This idea doesn't seem to be very well thought out. You have a 2012. That is next gen CAN bus up from a 2008. It would make more sense to find an eagle 5.7 (say from an, I dunno, 2012?) that would be easier to integrate. 2008 5.7 has MDS but not VVT as the 2009+ 5.7 does; accessory drive is also different. You could literally buy a 2012 engine harness and PCM for that engine. Regardless, electronics integration will be your biggest hurdle.
TLDR: eagle 5.7 was an option your year, would make more sense (plus about 30hp more than you were shooting for) and I imagine easier to do then the previous engine generation. Hell, if you wanna go this far why not drop a 392 in?

·
Registered
79 Posts
At least rebuild the 5.7 before tackling the electronic hurdles... I like the 392 idea... I mean if your gonna buy harnesses and computers... Lol, what's our budget? That normally determines it right there...🤨

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
As you wish.
This idea doesn't seem to be very well thought out. You have a 2012. That is next gen CAN bus up from a 2008. It would make more sense to find an eagle 5.7 (say from an, I dunno, 2012?) that would be easier to integrate. 2008 5.7 has MDS but not VVT as the 2009+ 5.7 does; accessory drive is also different. You could literally buy a 2012 engine harness and PCM for that engine. Regardless, electronics integration will be your biggest hurdle.
TLDR: eagle 5.7 was an option your year, would make more sense (plus about 30hp more than you were shooting for) and I imagine easier to do then the previous engine generation. Hell, if you wanna go this far why not drop a 392 in?
Thank you, i think i got my answer. I won't do it. Just had the vehicles and the thought came to mind. Appreciate all your insight

1 - 7 of 7 Posts