Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed today, when accelerating at high speed (over 65mph) hear engine ticking.
Sounds like it's coming from passenger side in front of glove box area.
Goes away when I stop accelerating.
Weird thing is, had same exact sound...from same place on my 2011 Challenger 392.
Anyone?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I’ve read about this before. And there was a guy that went round and round with a dealer. Finally proved a new hellcat didn’t make an abnormal sound as loud as his.
he ended up having two rocker shafts replaced on the passenger side. If I find it again I will provide the link.

·
Registered
47 Posts
It was easy to find. About 7 comments down.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was easy to find. About 7 comments down.

Thanks for the link! Honestly couldn't hear anything in that first video.
I just think it's strange that I had exact same thing in my Challenger, which was the 392 engine & M6.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks for the link! Honestly couldn't hear anything in that first video.
I just think it's strange that I had exact same thing in my Challenger, which was the 392 engine & M6.
No problem. They say the “hemi tick” is normal.
but if excessively loud it can be something else.
i mean the 3.6 V6 makes all kinds of “mechanical” noise when running but that’s normal as well. Unless excessively loud.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No problem. They say the “hemi tick” is normal.
but if excessively loud it can be something else.
i mean the 3.6 V6 makes all kinds of “mechanical” noise when running but that’s normal as well. Unless excessively loud.
I think the "Hemi Tick" is at idle, which ironically mine doesn't have. This just happens accelerating at high speed. Wouldn't even hear it with radio on.

·
Registered
47 Posts
happening only under acceleration (load) instantly makes me think valve train. I hope you figure out what it is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts