Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum so this is my first post. I am the happy owner of a Dodge Charger (2014 SXT RWD), there are not so many here in Switzerland... :)

A few weeks ago, all six buttons located on the front left side on the steering wheel (EVIC, voice command, phone) stopped working. I noticed yesterday that they actually work fine when the steering wheel is turned completely to the left, but not in any other position. Airbag light is off, horn, cruise control and radio buttons are all working OK (although the left radio buttons not always operate at first press, but this looks more like bad contacts on the pcb I guess).

I went through a few threads which would make me think it may be the clock spring, but I'd be glad to hear about your thoughts on this.

Thanks in advance
Xavier

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does the LED behind the buttons stay on? Could just be loose wires. A t15 screw driver will remove the screw behind the switch and you could pull it out and check. EVIC switches aren't that expensive, so you could replace it for 15-20 bucks if it's bad.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts