Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to get some exhaust work done to my 06 Charger Daytona looking for a little advice. Based on sound meaning Loud, Deep, Rumble ...should I go straight pipe with no reso’s or 2 Flowmaster Super 10’s with no reso’s ? I already have 4inch tips and 2.5 inch exhaust pipes on the car. Also looking to install long tube headers next with a new 85mm throttle body..! What do you guys think ?

·
Registered
759 Posts
You might be happy with the Brylcreem mod. It's cheap and effective, plus as long as you use stainless steel pipe, you're not compromising your exhaust system's corrosion resistance.

If you haven't already, check out some Charger mid-muffler delete videos on YouTube.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
If you're planning on installing headers in the future, do the cheapest modification for now ... mid-muffler delete. Keep the factory resonators or install aftermarket resonators (e.g. 12" perforated core glasspacks). The resonators will reduce/eliminate drone inside the car.
As CtCarl said, you can find video clips on YouTube for Chargers with the mid-muffler delete.
There's a link below for a video comparing the Flowmaster mufflers. I also included a link to Blastin Bob's in case you're interested in the 12" glasspacks.

When planning for the long-tube headers you will need exhaust modifications for the mid-pipes and O2 sensors. You will also need a custom tune. The long-tubes increase scavenging & this will cause the fuel-trim to run lean. A custom tune will fix this and any O2 sensor issues due to the O2 sensor extensions. The most common tuning device is from DiabloSport & one of the experienced tuners is HemiFever Tuning. You can purchase the DiabloSport & custom tune as a package deal from HemiFever Tuning.

https://www.blastinbob.com/category_s/7.htm

https://www.hemifevertuning.com/Default.asp

Reactions: GodzillaCat
1 - 3 of 3 Posts