Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
Just bought some electric exhaust cutouts, and I'm trying to figure out the best placement for them. My theory is "the closer to the engine, the louder it'll be" which I don't really mind. Just not sure how much heat they can take. I've got a diagram of the stock exhaust attached, and I'm considering putting the cutouts either where I've marked in orange, right before the resonators, or where I've marked in green, where it's currently just clamped together anyway.

Does anyone with any exhaust system know-how have any advice on where to put them ? Any help is super appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have mine where you have it marked "Green". Granted my car is a FWD so I have a single pipe where you have yours marked green. I've driven mine with the cutout open and closed and it's hard to tell if theres any difference performance wise. The sound though, my single dump to me sounds like crap. Mine sounds better through the Mopar exhaust I have. Now if the sound changes through a side exit, I may consider it but I don't have nothing close to vehicle options like you Charger/Challenger owners have.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fun update to this. The shop installed them right where they marked it "3".

Some issues so far:
- the car is low enough that speed bumps and curbs, if not taken at an angle, will make the turndowns hit the ground

- when that happened once, the wires unplugged and one stuck to and melted on my cat

-it sounds like absolute ass and the only reason to have it is to go "HEY LOOK AT ME IM LOUD"

Impressions: 8/10. If I installed it better it would be really fun, and I like just being loud sometimes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Fun update to this. The shop installed them right where they marked it "3".

Some issues so far:
- the car is low enough that speed bumps and curbs, if not taken at an angle, will make the turndowns hit the ground

- when that happened once, the wires unplugged and one stuck to and melted on my cat

-it sounds like absolute ass and the only reason to have it is to go "HEY LOOK AT ME IM LOUD"

Impressions: 8/10. If I installed it better it would be really fun, and I like just being loud sometimes.

Oh, I totally forgot about the ground clearance issues also. My turn down hits my MidRise lift when driving over it, I actually have to drive on boards to get above the lift for the turndown to clear. As for the sound, yeah I agree...I actually considered one of those custom side exits that are flat but have a built in baffle system to help quiet it down.

http://blackroseracing.net/avengerexhaust.mp4

^^^ Here's a link to my Avenger, It's a Mopar catback at first then switches to a cutout then back

1 - 4 of 4 Posts