Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going mad over all the videos that say they have the best exhaust mod for this car. The bottom line is unless you're right there you don't know what it really sounds like. Some sound good until they throttle up then it's just a high annoying sound and others sound that way when they're started. What I'm looking for in this car is a deep, throaty sound like a PT boat in the old war films that stays deep without waking up the neighbors on the next street. The mid muffler delete seems to be the closest and the FlowFX in place of the mid muffler with no tail resonator sounded good as well, albeit louder. Like I said, unless you're standing right there the videos can be deceiving and I don't want to play Lego's with my exhaust system swapping parts in and out.
My question (after a long intro) is what is the best configuration, in your experience, that will give me that deep sound without being too loud. Some vids show the noise inside the car is great the first few times until you want to talk or listen to music. I want both! How do I set it up, guys? I've been getting great advice here and I appreciate all you all have given me.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
No improvement necessary. The stock exhaust is really well designed. You are risking making a change that you will not be happy with. You don’t need louder exhaust if you are concerned about drone or talking and enjoy your music.

·
Registered
22 Posts
mid-muffler delete..
$100 and it sounds as good as any system out there (to me, anyways)
i did replace the rear valance and run the exhaust all the way out from under the back with some tips tho - makes a huge difference inside.

Reactions: Florida Dave

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
While the sound is an important feature, and benefit, on this car it's not a priority once I take possession of it. My first battle will be the tires from the dealer and getting them to swap the 245's for 275's since the R/T Daytona already has 9" wheels. My biggest disappointment is that Destroyer Gray is not an option for 2020 on. I was going to do all black but Florida has so much dust and pollen in the air all year that I'll be washing it every day to keep it good. I'm leaning towards Octane red or TorRed. Everyone has white or gray here and they're no fun, unless it's Destroyer Gray. Thanks guys, as always I appreciate the feedback and can't wait to start talking about the car when I have it finally.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It will sound great right out of the door! How about triple nickel? It will look good with the black graphics and always looks clean. View attachment 121955
Thanks. You know, if I get the Triple Nickel I'll be wishing it were Destroyer Gray(don't know why I can't get it because the Durango still gets it) and hating it because it isn't. My wife agreed with my next choice, the octane red, as it will compliment the dark aspects of the wheels, grille, badges, vinyl graphics, and dark windows. The interior I can trim out with red piping and carbon treatments. Can't wait to get this car. I think Progressive better give me a better price or I'm shopping for other insurance however.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Try to find one in the new color called "SMOKE SHOW." I saw one in person last week and to me it looks close to the same as Destroyer Gray. A buddy of mine has a DG Scat Pack Challenger, so I have seen both in person. This is a GT, the actual one that I saw. Also, your local dealer (Jim Browne CDJR) in Tampa has an RT in this color, so you can swing by there and see the color in person.
098480733546fd1435224dfd31d67c19.jpg

·
Registered
568 Posts
I love the Destroyer Gray and Octane Red choices. Sad you can't get yours in DG. Is it just me, or does Smokeshow in pics look like a coat of primer? Maybe it looks better in real life?

Reactions: Florida Dave

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I love the Destroyer Gray and Octane Red choices. Sad you can't get yours in DG. Is it just me, or does Smokeshow in pics look like a coat of primer? Maybe it looks better in real life?
Thanks. You know, this combination of colors looks crappy! No offense but this car would look worlds better if they blacked out everything except for the paint, which is what I wanted to do with the DG color choice. You're right though, I really need to take a drive over there and look at it in person to decide. Thanks again for the info and pic! The Daytona extras would increase the appearance of this model.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Try to find one in the new color called "SMOKE SHOW." I saw one in person last week and to me it looks close to the same as Destroyer Gray. A buddy of mine has a DG Scat Pack Challenger, so I have seen both in person. This is a GT, the actual one that I saw. Also, your local dealer (Jim Browne CDJR) in Tampa has an RT in this color, so you can swing by there and see the color in person. View attachment 121956
I went on Jim Browne's web site and checked what he has/will have. or some reason they love to order cars with Nav and 8" wheels. You'd think they'd mix it up a bit and have at least one Daytona with a 5.7. I'm still going to go see the cars for myself. It just amazed me that the majority of them all had the same packages. Plus and Blacktop must be popular around Tampa. lol

·
Registered
750 Posts
Destroyer Gray AND Smoke Show both look like clear-coated primer to me, but if someone likes it, great. I love the Sinamon Stick, but a lot of people say it's too brown.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I like the black graphics and standard black roof on the Daytona. I still think the Daytona name on the rear quarters should be larger... like on the 2013!
View attachment 121962
I don't know, I think I like the newer one better. It's more subtle and less Dukes of Hazzard looking. lol They need a Daytona badge like Scat Pack has, some visual emblem of the model. Maybe a checkered flag badge?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Still not a Daytona, but Jim Browne in Dade City lists a Smoke Show RT with blacktop package. Still 8" wheels, but you can see some black trim (wheels, mirrors, rear spoiler.)

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I used to think subtle was better but now feel subtle just makes it look like any other Charger without closer inspection. The average person does not look that closely at cars. I would have never ordered stripes on my Hellcat but the only new silver one in the Country with a red interior at the time had stripes. Now I am so glad it had stripes. It makes it stand out among others!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I used to think subtle was better but now feel subtle just makes it look like any other Charger without closer inspection. The average person does not look that closely at cars. I would have never ordered stripes on my Hellcat but the only new silver one in the Country with a red interior at the time had stripes. Now I am so glad it had stripes. It makes it stand out among others! View attachment 121963
A Hellcat needs a red interior!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Still not a Daytona, but Jim Browne in Dade City lists a Smoke Show RT with blacktop package. Still 8" wheels, but you can see some black trim (wheels, mirrors, rear spoiler.)
I went to their site and it showed 7 Charger R/T's. I think they had 5 in stock and 2 in transit. They all had the same options with minor exceptions. Not one Daytona in the lot of them. Boring!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Last shot! After this you're on your own. :) Ferman CDJR in New Port Richey has a new Smoke Show DAYTONA! Now it's up to you. Ferman also has a dealership in Tampa/Lutz. Also Lake City CDJR in Lake City Fl. has a new Smoke Show Daytona.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Last shot! After this you're on your own. :) Ferman CDJR in New Port Richey has a new Smoke Show DAYTONA! Now it's up to you. Ferman also has a dealership in Tampa/Lutz. Also Lake City CDJR in Lake City Fl. has a new Smoke Show Daytona.
You know I really want to hop on this but I'm close to 40 miles north of there and I have to wait till Saturday to get there. I appreciate your looking for me, I really do, and I want to get there before it goes, but Saturday is the earliest I can do it. I need to go to there site to see if I can schedule a test drive of it as well. I'll do that when I'm done here. I'm not able to buy right now but I want to see if the Smoke is close to the DG color. Maybe I like it because I'm from a Navy family. Thanks once again, Mofogo! I will follow up on this.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts