Dodge Charger Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Okay, I went for my test drive and saw the Smoke, Granite, and Nickel colors....nope. The DG color is still better than those. I was going to test drive the Smoke Daytona and he was getting the area ready to get the car out of the showroom and fortunately, I told him that any other Daytona 5.7 would be fine for the test drive. I am so glad I did as the only other Daytona 5.7 on the lot happened to be the color that I hated the most, F8 Green. I hated the color until I saw it with the black hood Hemi, roof, and Daytona rear vinyl, matte black spoiler, black wheels and dark windows. Damn it looked good while the unwrapped green Challenger on the lot looked like crap. I had 2 issues with the test drive, throttle response and suspension and I will address those on the appropriate forum here but Peddle Commander looks to be in my future. Here's a pic of the car I drove today.
Green 2020 Daytona.jpg

·
Registered
248 Posts
OK, back to exhaust; I have a 2017 RT Daytona 5.7L. I did the mid muffler delete and initially loved it. Eventually you realize that it's loud all the time and it gets old. Sometimes your girl rides with you and she hates it. Sometimes you want to drive fast without attracting attention. I guess the best part of it was the remote cold start. :) I ended up going back to the same place and they put on some a little louder than the stock ones and I am happy with them! But I do miss that cold start.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
OK, back to exhaust; I have a 2017 RT Daytona 5.7L. I did the mid muffler delete and initially loved it. Eventually you realize that it's loud all the time and it gets old. Sometimes your girl rides with you and she hates it. Sometimes you want to drive fast without attracting attention. I guess the best part of it was the remote cold start. :) I ended up going back to the same place and they put on some a little louder than the stock ones and I am happy with them! But I do miss that cold start.
I've been waiting for someone to say just what you did. Thank you. I've done my own exhaust work back when I physically could slide under a car on a street after the connection parted and fix it right there. Those days are gone. I remember the beautiful drone I got after converting a single to a dual exhaust on a 350 Olds engine. I also remember the vibration and drone from the Cherry Bomb mufflers and how after a time I prayed for some quiet time. You just can't sneak into the driveway when they hear you coming down the street. lol I was contemplating the mid muffler delete and now I think I'll put that on the way back burner and concentrate on installing the Tazer and Pedal Commander when I get the care. I'll order them when I order the car, which I was told could take as long as 12 weeks to get in. Plenty of time to get those extra's I want and have them ready to go when it arrives. Thanks, James!

·
Registered
248 Posts
I've been waiting for someone to say just what you did. Thank you. I've done my own exhaust work back when I physically could slide under a car on a street after the connection parted and fix it right there. Those days are gone. I remember the beautiful drone I got after converting a single to a dual exhaust on a 350 Olds engine. I also remember the vibration and drone from the Cherry Bomb mufflers and how after a time I prayed for some quiet time. You just can't sneak into the driveway when they hear you coming down the street. lol I was contemplating the mid muffler delete and now I think I'll put that on the way back burner and concentrate on installing the Tazer and Pedal Commander when I get the care. I'll order them when I order the car, which I was told could take as long as 12 weeks to get in. Plenty of time to get those extra's I want and have them ready to go when it arrives. Thanks, James!
Yeah, bottom line; I can still get on it and have it sound good, but don't have to worry about cops. :)

21 - 24 of 24 Posts