Exhaust Help!!!

Discussion in '2015 Dodge Charger Forum' started by Deadpool, Jun 19, 2017 at 1:32 PM.

1. Deadpool

Deadpool New Member

Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2015
    Trim?:
    R/T
    I have a 2015 R/T ready to go with an exhaust set up the guy at the muffler shop said super 40s no x-pipe with an 3 1/2 inch tip... I was told super 40s are cool but I need an x pipe with 4 in tips but the shop seems to think it'll melt the plastic I've already did the valance swap preparing for the exhaust and debadged the rear with smoked tails 20170617_121408.jpg

2. ingear67

ingear67 New Member

Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2013
    Trim?:
    SRT8
    Color?:
    Bright White
    Will you be keeping the factory X pipe and just adding the super 40 mufflers and the tips? Or will you removing the resonators at the rear also? If removing the rear resonators you will get drone inside the car. So be sure you keep them in case you want to put them back on.
    What I did (as well as others) is just removed the center mufflers and replace them with straight pipe leaving the resonators in place. The cost should be around a 75 to 125 dollars normally. But everybody has different taste when it come to the sound of their exhaust. If that's not what you like you can always then get the super 40 mufflers and have them put on later. Good luck.

3. Deadpool

Deadpool New Member

Vehicle:
    Charger
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2015
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Thank you for replying!! The shop stated that they will be deleting the resonators...i also didn't know the car came with a factor x pipe (thanks for the info) and yes I plan on adding the mufflers and tips

4. RickAKATed10

RickAKATed10 Member Public Safety

Vehicle:
    Charger R&T
    Vehicle Year:
    7th Gen - 2015
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Phantom Black
    Keep the resonators, delete the mufflers, and do 4" tips. If you don't like the sound, replace the pipe put in place of the mufflers with a different muffler, but keep the resonators.

There are a lot of videos of R/T's with a muffler delete and it sounds very good. Very cost effective mod.

Deadpool likes this.