Dodge Charger Forum banner

101 - 120 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
I listened to Garcia112's video and my clips again after reading Davids2013chargerrt's post and now I know why I was getting the "ricy" comments. Even taking in the poor sound quality of my recordings, my V6 didn't come close to having the same sound as my stock Daytona. No doubt, the Borlas made a vast improvement, but there's no replacing the sound of the hemi.

Garcia112, I wish I had made longer clips with revs but I was also doing it myself and didn't think to prop up my phone and get behind the wheel. But, you think you(r car) is going to last forever and clips for posterity are far from your mind. Damn, damn, damn, I wish I had more video :(

(While playing my clips, my cat's ears perked up and she looked at me, then the stairs, then me, then the stairs... she use to meet me at the door so I can imagine her little brain was asking "I hear your car... so why are you in front of me?" lol)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey everybody I'm new here and had a question! I had dual exhaust installed on my 2013 Charger SXT Recently and noticed there is not a heat shield for the Right muffler. A lot of people say I don't need it. Any insight on this! And should I put a heat shield over muffler or no!?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I read all this and tried the idea of just taking the rear muffler(or reso, I honestly dont know the difference, just know it's the one from the very rear) off and it sounded really good.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I read all this and tried the idea of just taking the rear muffler(or reso, I honestly dont know the difference, just know it's the one from the very rear) off and it sounded really good.
That would be the resonator. Does your car have drone now between 2000 - 3000 rpms?

·
Registered
428 Posts
I was wondering what the final decision was on the mid muffler delete causing loss of horsepower. Is the jury still out? I'd like to do this mod on my 2015 R/T, but I don't see definitive answers.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just saw this thread and thought I would add...

I just installed the Pypes SMC26S Street Pro Cat-back exhaust. I have to say as soon as they lowered the car back down and I started it up to back it I loved the sound. I was looking for a little rumble and I think I got it.

I love the V8 lite lunk-lunk tones from the exhaust at idle and under most light to hard acceleration situations.

The only problem I have is at certain rpms the drone can go crazy around 1200-1400 rpm. At 1100 great, 1500 great, its just that 200 rpm range that I get the load drone. If it weren't for that it would be nearly perfect.

Though it seems to be getting better or I'm getting used to it. Either way I'm finding ways to not sit at 1200-1400 range for an extended time.

Other than that I LOVE THE SOUND. I will add a sound clip when I get a chance.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was wondering what the final decision was on the mid muffler delete causing loss of horsepower. Is the jury still out? I'd like to do this mod on my 2015 R/T, but I don't see definitive answers.
I felt a slight lag when I did this on my 13 R/T. I would recommend taking out the resonator (rear muffler) instead. I had the suitcase delete for a couple months and then ended up getting an SLP Loudmouth catback. HUGEE difference.

·
Registered
2 Posts
That's an EXCELLENT idea. I've been wanting to compile a bunch of different set up videos for 3.6 and 5.7 engines in one sticky thread for the used cars Miami
longest time now. I just haven't had the spare research time to do so. This makes it a LOT easier for the newbies. I strongly approve. Reps to you :TU:.

I propose everyone post their set ups (or whatever set ups they want to post) with no discussion. Strictly info and vids like you said. For all discussions or questions, send PMs so that clips don't get lost between all the posts. If this thread picks up, you can ask any moderator for the possibility of it becoming a sticky.

With that said, here's my set up that you've all become all too familiar with:

2011 RT 5.7; Corsa Xtreme (PN: 14522)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AY9KHjdpJxk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ANrrKHIixA
----------
I have looked all over the internet to find some good pictures to show how a turbo is set up. I have the idea down like from howstuffworks.com but Im not sure if i understand how it looks in a car. Does all of the exhaust go into the turbine section? Where does the exhaust go?

·
Registered
42 Posts
i hate stock exhaust "tips"

i have a 14 RT and am going to get a catback exhaust upgrade. i will also get new exhaust tips because i hate the fake stock exhaust tip things so much. i hate them more than diarrhea in the rain. i want to smack whoever designed them across the mouth with an open palm.

anyway, given the shape of the fascia where they protrude, is it possible to put some round 3 inchers in there or does it look too weird unless you get a different fascia (like the police one for example)? I've seen plenty of pictures of quad tips in the same shaped opening of the fake stock tips (like this http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag68/Joekingpt/3822d973-ed64-4fce-8e71-19e6ba63fad8_zps625d7a2d.jpg). i just wonder about about single round tips in that same opening.

i just want to make the hemi sound like a hemi and i want some round tips instead of trapezoid shaped fake things that don't even connect to the pipes.

·
Registered
648 Posts
For the round tips you are going to need an SRT rear valance which is made for round tips.
For sound with in cabin comfort, I have and recommend the Corsa such as shown n my R/T on my R/T.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks man. Guess ill just go with quad. Yours looks great. The corsa is great too but a little out of my price range. Was thinking flowmaster force ii because of resonators and on accout as I dont need to wake up all the soccer moms and their ballerina husbands when I go for a drive. On the other hand, the stock setup just doesnt sound like a V8 hemi should.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I went with the magnaflow 15083 sounds awesome has the quad tips and is cheaper than the corsa and I think it sounds alot better has a deeper rumble and it got louder as it broke in but not to loud check amazon only paid 1100.00 for mine cheapest price I found for it

·
Registered
864 Posts
I have a 2016 Charger R/T Road and Track. My plan in the Spring is to buy the X-Pipe from the 2011-2014 Dynomax Catback (See link below) and do a mid muffler delete. Total cost Approximately $200. The X-Pipe is 2.5" in diameter vs. the 2.25" stock pipe and is AWESOME (Had this Catback on my 2014 RT). I could play Blinko with a golf ball in the X-Pipe. I am going to run 2.5" exhaust pipe from the end of the Dynomax X-Pipe to the exit pipes or to where the Mid mufflers were cut off. I figure this will free up flow where its needed. The 2.25" out the back doesn't bother me since you are looking for velocity and not volume towards the exit. Should be a huge improvement in the X-pipe as well as increase flow while sounding better than stock. Thoughts??

https://www.amazon.com/Dynomax-54791-Exhaust-X-Pipe/dp/B008IMGZI8

101 - 120 of 133 Posts