Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I couldn't find it if it was. What exhaust tips fit when you take out the inserts? I want the double exit out each side, but I don't know what the actual part is. Eventually these will be mated with an Loudmouth 1 if that matters.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I like the dual tips, but I have black oval tips now. I'll get a picture when it warms up later.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
IMO you should wait until you decide on the catback system and get it installed. I got the quad tips and had them put on the stock exhaust. Then I got the dynomax catback and they did not fit right and I ended up throwing them away. I now have Borla 4inch out tips on the back. LOL Exhaust tips are not cheap!!

See how much clearance you have with the loudmouth if that is what you go with and then order.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IMO you should wait until you decide on the catback system and get it installed. I got the quad tips and had them put on the stock exhaust. Then I got the dynomax catback and they did not fit right and I ended up throwing them away. I now have Borla 4inch out tips on the back. LOL Exhaust tips are not cheap!!

See how much clearance you have with the loudmouth if that is what you go with and then order.
I believe that is what I will do. I'm also thinking about going with headers and catless midpipes, but someone mentioned I would need a tune for that?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
If you get codes with the catless mids you will need a tune to turn the rear O2 sensors off unless you can get them off using other methods.

Most have been able to run Shorties and HF cats without any problems (codes) I have JBA shorties/Mids and dynomax catback and have never thrown a code. Good luck

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Those will look good with the blue body color. I had them on the black daytona but changed exhaust and they did not fit the new. Putting these bad boys on tomorrow after a few more matte black coats. Took out the square tips. These fill the area nice and should reduce some of the resonance from under the car into the cabin and produce a deeper tone. Borla 4inch out 2 1/2inch inlet.:TU:

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you get codes with the catless mids you will need a tune to turn the rear O2 sensors off unless you can get them off using other methods.

Most have been able to run Shorties and HF cats without any problems (codes) I have JBA shorties/Mids and dynomax catback and have never thrown a code. Good luck
I plan on sticking with the long tubes. Do you know if the green cats or HF cats will throw a code? Also do you know how they will effect the sound?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
I plan on sticking with the long tubes. Do you know if the green cats or HF cats will throw a code? Also do you know how they will effect the sound?
Not sure about the codes, Long tubes and going catless IMO will definitely get you the codes. It is hit or miss with the green or HF cats. I prefer JBA as with the 12 mustang gt, I had long tubes and hf cats and no codes. The sound as you can imagine will not be as loud as going catless but that could depend on the catback system. I had the HF JBA cats put on with the stock exhaust and could not tell the difference. Even my wife could not tell. But when I put on the Dynomax everyone in the neighborhood knows when I am coming and going. Now with the Shorties, HF's and dynomax combo, my wife prefers to take her SUV when we go out.LOL Big difference in sound

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not sure about the codes, Long tubes and going catless IMO will definitely get you the codes. It is hit or miss with the green or HF cats. I prefer JBA as with the 12 mustang gt, I had long tubes and hf cats and no codes. The sound as you can imagine will not be as loud as going catless but that could depend on the catback system. I had the HF JBA cats put on with the stock exhaust and could not tell the difference. Even my wife could not tell. But when I put on the Dynomax everyone in the neighborhood knows when I am coming and going. Now with the Shorties, HF's and dynomax combo, my wife prefers to take her SUV when we go out.LOL Big difference in sound
Well in another thread I mentioned I want to be getting the SLP LM1. So the cats will make a difference in sound? How much would you say?

Thread on headers and catback (http://www.chargerforumz.com/showthread.php?t=161007)

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Well in another thread I mentioned I want to be getting the SLP LM1. So the cats will make a difference in sound? How much would you say?

Thread on headers and catback (http://www.chargerforumz.com/showthread.php?t=161007)
Found a couple of Youtube vids one without cats and one with HF cats. Just check out some of the other vids on YouTube. Nothing like listening in person but it is the next best thing.

Mopar 11' Charger SLP Loudmouth 1 - YouTube
Catless and HF cats
2007 Dodge Charger R/T - YouTube

·
Registered
117 Posts
I got my duals at a muffler shop, no specific part number. I believe I went with a 3 1/2 staggerd tip and they fit just right. Just changed my exhaust to a SLP lm1 cat back.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts