Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I AM INTERESTED IN UPGRADING MY EXAUST SYSTEM. I HAVE LOOKED AND CANT FIND ANY RELIABLE SOURCES WHEN IT COMES TO WHAT I CAN GET! I RESEARCHED AND I WANT TO GET FLOWMASTER SUPER 44's. WHAT ALL WOULD I NEED TO GET AND OR DO TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN? ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED! THANK YOU.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Call flowmasters tech support line. They probably know the part number for your car. Any exhaust shop can install for you

oh,
PLEASE TELL US ABOUT YOUR CAR IN CASE SOMEONE MAY HAVE SPECIFIC INFORMATION THAT MIGHT HELP YOU.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Call flowmasters tech support line. They probably know the part number for your car. Any exhaust shop can install for you

oh,
PLEASE TELL US ABOUT YOUR CAR IN CASE SOMEONE MAY HAVE SPECIFIC INFORMATION THAT MIGHT HELP YOU.
2018 Charger SXT Blacktop Edition 3.6L

·
Registered
133 Posts
2018 Charger SXT Blacktop Edition 3.6L
I also have the V6 and been trying different setups to get a better sound/tone out of my Charger's exhaust. One thing I've learned so far is, no matter what you do, our V6 Chargers will never sound like the V8 Hemi models. I've wanted a deeper and throaty sound.

I started by having the mid muffler and rear resonators deleted and going with straight pipes from cats all the way to the rear. Found it to be way too loud and not in a good way. The amount of drone inside the car was unbearable. Sounded nice on cold start, idle and when going WOT, but that's about it.

Went back to muffler shop and had rear resonators put back on. Drone was totally gone but had some raspiness at lower RPM's. Went back to the muffler shop and had a Dynomax Race Bullet installed where the mid muffler used to be. Raspiness is gone, no drone, but it doesn't sound very loud. Got somewhat a deeper tone than stock but still not where I want it to be.

Planning on doing the following, having stock Y pipe removed, installing an X pipe after the cats with dual pipes going to a dual in/dual out Flowmaster Super 10, and dual pipes coming out of that straight to the back (resonators removed) with some nice tips. My SXT Plus doesn't have true dual exhaust because it didn't come with the Super Track Pack. With the Super Track Pack, they come with the true dual exhaust which is key to having a better sounding exhaust.

I haven't had this done yet but plan to soon. Will pair it up with a drop in K&N air filter to get an even better sounding setup. Thought of going with the K&N CAI but it's not enclosed so I wont be getting much cooler air. Also, not much performance gain for the amount of money the CAI costs.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Doesn't the Blacktop SXT come from the factory with true dual exhaust?
I always thought it came with true dual exhaust only with the Super Track Pack or RT and higher models.This video shows the blacktop Charger but without the true dual exhaust. It shows it at the very beginning of the video as the car is being backed up over the camera. As can be seen, it has only one mid muffler and one pipe leading to the back which connects to a single pipe to both rear resonators.

·
Registered
759 Posts
In that case, I'd check Craigslist for a complete take-off dual exhaust from a 15-16 R/T and put that on.

Depending on your area, you should be able to pick one up for $150 or so. Another $100 to put it in, and you're good to go.

Drive that around for a while and see how you like it. Then you can modify it if you want...delete the mud-mufflers, mod the resonators...in fact, you could even swap the V-6 resos back in, they should be essentially straight-through and less restrictive than the R/T units, which are designed around MDS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts