Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to do something with my exhaust. Have a buddy with a 2016 Scat Pack and he just did the mid muffler delete. Sounds good in my opinion. Anyone know or have done it to their 13 R/T? How does it sound?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I’m not a fan of the mid muffler delete with the stock resonators. It has a weird raspy sound when you let off the throttle. Just my opinion though. Plenty of videos on YouTube

Reactions: Charger SXTease

·
Registered
172 Posts
I did the mid-muffler delete on my '13 RT. I'm very happy with it.
Least expensive mod I've ever made on a vehicle. $60 at my local muffler shop.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Plenty of folks like the mid-muffler delete. I didn't do it on my '14 R/T Blacktop, I modified the resonators instead for a little more sound.

I live in the Northeast, so I don't like the idea of cutting off stainless steel exhaust parts and replacing them with carbon steel. I did actually buy a couple of lengths of T409 stainless pipe to do it, but in the end I didn't want the change in exhaust velocity to shift the powerband any...these cars need all the low-end grunt they can get.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update: Did the mid muffler delete and I am liking it! Thought it was going to be a little louder but I like the way it turned out! Not bad for a cheap way of doing things

·
Registered
265 Posts
If there is any question, yes, it's absurdly loud when I floor it with my 17 5.7L R/T Daytona. Be ready for that! I'd have to say it's too loud if you like to drive fast around town, and would probably be a better choice for someone who lived further out. Having said that, for light-moderate driving, I like the sound. Also, it's great fun watching the car from a distance and waiting for a random woman to walk behind the car and hitting the remote start!
Having said all that, If I had to do it all over again I would probably get some other light muffler put in the mid-mufflers' place. The shop owner offered a setup that would do this, but the price difference was rough; $150 for the delete, $450 for replacements. I went with the cheap option.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts