Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys! first actual thread post! :w00t:

anyways.. I go to Penn College of Technology for collision repair (awesome program for both automotive technologies and collision repair technologies :TU:) and this semester i'm based in the paint labs. my R/T is currently getting a new door skin and the bumper fixed up so i get to paint the car! while it's in the paint labs i WANT to do something to the exterior.

Its in brilliant black pearl and i was thinking of two toning the car in a RED metallic (or hopefully candy... i don't pay labor because i'll paint it myself... all material cost) OR Red vinyl rally stripes with the detail stripe above the rocker panel (with the classic 'Charger' script and the R/T)

any suggestions?? :4-dontknow:

·
Premium Member
7,551 Posts
Dude! You can do all the usual decals in paint! Two-tone would be alright, but I usually see that on 300s. If you go that route - make it different!
Come on! You go to 'Penn College of Technology for collision repair'; You can come up with something amazing! I'm sure, in you course, you've seen it all!
Make sure you show us what the final looks like!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm... i could go all out on it... but i want it to be subtle... i don't want my mom to know that i dropped a class to pay for it :p (it was auto graphics :(... i'll take it next semester lol)

maybe the rally stripe and classic rocker stripe in candy? i think it'll look good with the red suede headliner i upholstered in my dorm room haha

·
Premium Member
7,551 Posts
That would look cool. See, if you kept the auto design class, you wouldn't have so much trouble coming up with ideas! Lol!!

·
Premium Member
7,551 Posts
And since this is your first post - make sure you say hello in the Newbie section so we can all welcome you properly!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
me and my roommate are coming up with a kewl design with the rally stripes right now... a ghost flame within the rally stripe

and i know the teacher pretty well. all they are doing is learning how to mask flames and airbrush on a beginner level. i know how to do that already and he's pretty keen on helping me outside of class. good to be a teachers pet once in a while ;)

·
Registered
688 Posts
if I had to repaint mine, i'd do brilliant black with red flakes instead of the silver it comes with.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Make sure to post pics of her when you are done!

·
Registered
7,948 Posts
Hope you come up with something cool.

Hopefully we'll be able to meet up at a M&G sometime soon so i can see your results.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts