Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen these ‘new’ polish products and they appear to have merit similar to the new tech in ceramic polishes. Has anyone here had a poor experience with one or another...

I think I am going with a clay bar and applying Rejex on car recently brought from FL. But this F11 looks like a real winner too?

I think back to experience I had with NuFinish wax I once put on an Oldsmobile... looked great for a week... then it oxidized worse than original.

·
5,990 Posts
I've tried a lot of the new "ceramic" products (F11, Produxa, Shine Armor). None of them really stand-out. I've also used Liquid Glass in the past. Clearly, it's more of a wax. For me, it worked okay, but it was hard to get a streak-free finish. I have not tried, or heard of Rejex.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I haven't tried any of the ceramic polishes.
My best experience with a car polish is Zaino Show car polish and their detailer spray.
If you follow the directions it goes on very easily and you can put on coat after coat. As many as you want and each coat makes it look deeper. Seems to last well to. I use it on the Vette. Not the best pic, but this is probably 4 or 5 coats of Zaino at least 5 years old, but the Vette doesn't see rain or winter weather either.

https://www.chargerforumz.com/media/88-vette.23995/

I've used Duragloss on the Charger with good success.

·
Registered
2017 Charger R/T Blacktop
3,492 Posts
Zaino user here as well. With 2 coats it lasts 9 months easily and unless paint correction is needed a recoat after that for another 9 months.

Reactions: Skidz and Rodders

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Worked on hood today after clay bar I can say the Rejex is similar to liquid polishes of old. Not like a wipe on coating I anticipated.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I used Gtechnique on on my cars, true ceramic serum on my charger and wife's cadillac and G2V3 spray on/wipe off on both kids cars

Yes you do need to prep paint first (clay mitt, light polish done on all of mine) but the results are outstanding gloss and protection (black caddy still looks good even after driving in the rain) and just as easy to do as any traditional wax

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So... question about wipe on ‘coatings’ specifically. What do they look like as they wear? Do they Peel or deteriorate, to look like dead skin eventually if you cannot stay current... or fade to nothing like polish/wax over time?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts