Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Staffing since 2008
20,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, this is a two part post. My GFs 08 Dakota is getting prepped to go to Italy. One of the stipulations is that her alarm has to be disconnected. Does anyone know how? In addition, my car will have to have this done prior to being shipped to Germany, does anyone know how?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Ok, this is a two part post. My GFs 08 Dakota is getting prepped to go to Italy. One of the stipulations is that her alarm has to be disconnected. Does anyone know how? In addition, my car will have to have this done prior to being shipped to Germany, does anyone know how?
Why, I live in Germany and my car still has everything connected?

·
Staffing since 2008
20,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The company shipping the vehicle says it has to be disconnected.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I would have them provide the regulation that states this. Also TMO might have another place you can take it. But that is wierd that they want it disconnected.

·
Getting back in the game!
37,448 Posts
I would have them provide the regulation that states this. Also TMO might have another place you can take it. But that is wierd that they want it disconnected.

I've never heard this either! :4-dontknow: I could understand them not wanting all the car alarms to be going off all the time. :rolleyes:

·
Staffing since 2008
20,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THe paperwork we have is from the SDDC (Surface Deployment and distribution command) and it says "Turn off, or otherwise disconnect installed auto alarm or ani-theft device prior to turn-in"

·
Registered
5,032 Posts
From my past exp installing alarms (yrs ago). There is really no way to disable the "factory" alarm unless you dis connect the battery for the whole trip. Your factory alarm wont arm unless you lock your doors, so cant you just leave the doors un locked? Another thing even if you lock the doors the factory alarm shouldnt go off, to the best of my knowledge there is no shock sensor. Factory alarms usually only trigger when someone opens the door without hitting the un lock on your fob, or using the key to un lock the door. Now if I'm wrong someone please correct me, its been at least 7-8yrs since I installed alarm systems on a regular basis.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts