Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There have been some problems with my fascia that I have put off dealing with for too long and I need to get them fixed. For one there seems to be a gap between my hood and the top of the bumper but it lines up with my fenders just fine. Second, there's some kind of wavy action going on at the bottom part and I don't know how that happened. All I know is it was like that in one spot when I bought the car and it's gotten a little worse since. I'm afraid if I take anything off my car I won't be able to put it back on properly. Can a body shop fix these problems for me?

Attachments

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
The gap is definitely off and I have never seen the warping going on at the bottom.. The gap could be fixed easily enough if nothings broke or damaged and its just out of alignment, however the warping may require a new fascia.. What part of Virginia are you in? If its not to far to drive, i would be willing to lend you a hand on re aligning the fascia to start off..

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
Wow, I do recommend going to a body shop for the underside of the fascia. The hood just needs to be adjusted. Open your hood and slightly loosen the bolt that attaches your hood to the latch that lifts it. On either side, as you loosen, keep closing and adjust to see what position you like best. Once you like the placement of the hood, tighten the bolts, and double check your fitment. Don't be afraid to mess with this, just don't loosen to much, the point of this is to be able to wiggle the hood from side to side slightly, as your gap will be corrected with only slight adjustment. Remember to tighten, but don't strip the bolt!! No sense in paying a body shop for that, if you can take care of it. The bumper I would take to a reputable body shop. Ask around and see which one is reputable.

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
Just read it again, if it lines up with the fenders, your fascia might have been jolted loose. You can fix that with the same idea too, but the process is more detailed.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The gap is definitely off and I have never seen the warping going on at the bottom.. The gap could be fixed easily enough if nothings broke or damaged and its just out of alignment, however the warping may require a new fascia.. What part of Virginia are you in? If its not to far to drive, i would be willing to lend you a hand on re aligning the fascia to start off..
I'm in the southern part of the state. About 20 miles or so from the NC state line. I would definitely like to come up and have you look at it but it's just a bad time to do it now. I have family down from Michigan that I haven't seen in almost a year and between work and school there's no time to do it during the week. Maybe I can work out something later on.

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
I'm in the southern part of the state. About 20 miles or so from the NC state line. I would definitely like to come up and have you look at it but it's just a bad time to do it now. I have family down from Michigan that I haven't seen in almost a year and between work and school there's no time to do it during the week. Maybe I can work out something later on.
Any time, just send me a pm when your ready and i will shoot you my address and number..

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where could I find a new one if I go that route? OEM or otherwise.. and what's a good price? I know my dealership can have it ordered for me but getting it from them is practically highway robbery.

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
Where could I find a new one if I go that route? OEM or otherwise.. and what's a good price? I know my dealership can have it ordered for me but getting it from them is practically highway robbery.

Grip has a sweet looking fascia and they are a vendor here.. As far as an oem one, I suspect junk yard or dealer..

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Grip has a sweet looking fascia and they are a vendor here.. As far as an oem one, I suspect junk yard or dealer..
I thought about the Grip one but I've read a few posts in other forums where people state that it won't bolt to the oem belly pan.

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
I thought about the Grip one but I've read a few posts in other forums where people state that it won't bolt to the oem belly pan.

Thats news to me, I would give Grip a call and ask them..

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
I have the same problem. After installing the Danko grill, I've got the same gap at the top. Unfortunately, I'm too lazy to worry about it right now. It's not as noticeable on a black car.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
that almost looks like the hood is what needs the adjustment. it doesn't line up with the fender edge.

as for the bottom. i have never seen that on an original genuine bumper and its pretty firm in that spot. are you the first owner of the car? maybe its a reproduction bumper. some of those are more flexible and have waves in them like that. are your grill cross hairs screwed in or are they molded into the fascia?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
that almost looks like the hood is what needs the adjustment. it doesn't line up with the fender edge.

as for the bottom. i have never seen that on an original genuine bumper and its pretty firm in that spot. are you the first owner of the car? maybe its a reproduction bumper. some of those are more flexible and have waves in them like that. are your grill cross hairs screwed in or are they molded into the fascia?
The cross hairs are molded in. The car made its way from NY to North Carolina where I bought it.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
The cross hairs are molded in. The car made its way from NY to North Carolina where I bought it.
if they are molded in than its not a factory bumper. the aftermarket ones do get waves in them...

maybe you will have to add some kind of bracing in...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
if they are molded in than its not a factory bumper. the aftermarket ones do get waves in them...

maybe you will have to add some kind of bracing in...
I'm actually in the process of buying a new one(cash permitting). My dilemma at the moment is choosing OEM or Grip. I love the Grip fascia because it has the aggressive look I like but I'm worried that it will be too low with the already lowered springs of the SRT. Virginia roads are often unpredictable.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts