Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there have been countless threads on which color is fastest. So, let's see how creative we can be.
Post up scientific theories explaining why each color is fastest. No lame opinions such as "It's fastest because it looks best."

Here is mine for Brilliant Black....

Scientifically, black is the fastest color. You see, we all know black absorbs all light and energy. It is this absorption of light and energy that assists in pulling the car forward as the rear wheels push the car. This extra pull is what gives black cars an advantage over all others.

Who's next?

Reactions: Pyrate

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I agree completely ^^^^^^^ (it even applies to R/T's as well)

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, nothing is faster than light and light...is white.
hahaha.... we'll wait for a few more before we start debunking each others theories. hahah

·
Registered
786 Posts
Actually light comes in all forms of colors, the light from the sun isn't white, it has yellow, so you could say almost every color is about the same speed. Well except bright silver, which doesn't exist in nature, yeah you can find gray, or silver, but not silver metallic...it's an unnatural color, which means we are capable of speed beyond all comprehension. :D

I studied color theory...BRING IT ON! Haha!

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Actually light comes in all forms of colors, the light from the sun isn't white, it has yellow, so you could say almost every color is about the same speed. Well except bright silver, which doesn't exist in nature, yeah you can find gray, or silver, but not silver metallic...it's an alien color, which means we are capable of speed beyond all comprehension. :D

I studied color theory...BRING IT ON! Haha!
I have to agree with Steve...light is seen as various colors. Sunlight or light from a lamp may look "white" but it is really made up of different colors. Red, blue, and green are the primary colors of light. That means you can make any color from combinations of these three. We see an object in a certain color because that color is reflected by the object, while other colors are absorbed.

And since black absorbs the most heat & energy which somehow transfers to the rear wheels...it wins! Ha-Ha, okay maybe not, but it looks so good!:D

·
Registered
18,845 Posts
Okay, I could argue temperature...from Wikipedia:

The dominant color in a flame changes with temperature. The photo of the forest fire is an excellent example of this variation. Near the ground, where most burning is occurring, the fire is white, the hottest color possible for organic material in general, or yellow. Above the yellow region, the color changes to orange, which is cooler, then red, which is cooler still. Above the red region, combustion no longer occurs, and the uncombusted carbon particles are visible as black smoke.

Where there is a hotter flame, there must be more energy created, thus resulting in higher combustion and more speed.

·
Registered
786 Posts

The dominant color in a flame changes with temperature. The photo of the forest fire is an excellent example of this variation. Near the ground, where most burning is occurring, the fire is white, the hottest color possible for organic material in general, or yellow. Above the yellow region, the color changes to orange, which is cooler, then red, which is cooler still. Above the red region, combustion no longer occurs, and the uncombusted carbon particles are visible as black smoke.

Where there is a hotter flame, there must be more energy created, thus resulting in higher combustion and more speed.
Ok, so you're hotter, but not faster! :LOL:

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
peno is correct white is by far the fastest color why do you ask? The American team colors are white and blue- Ford GT @ Lemans / Vanishing Point 1971 - the Dodge Challenger was White and last but not least my Charger is Stone White

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
well. yellow is the slowest color because the paint job weighs more.

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
Clearly the fastest color has to be Silver Steel. Why do you ask? well here's the reason.

Firstly, Steel is an alloy consiting on iron and carbon. It becomes a liquid at 1600 degrees Celcius.

Secondly, Silver is a soft, white, lustrous transition metal, it has the highest electrical conductivity of any element and the highest thermal conductivity of any metal. Because silver readily absorbs free neutrons, it is commonly used to make control rods that regulate the fission chain reaction in pressurized water nuclear reactors, generally in the form of an alloy containing 80% silver, 15% indium, and 5% cadmium.

Nuclear Reactors use Silver, and are also made of steel.... not 100% but have Steel framing and all.

Nuclear Reactors were also the early step-child to Warp cores in the federation Starships on Star Trek. Dodge has greatly researched this and due to a stolen classified document (Project Vulcan) They have discovered how to make a Warp core, or a close ugly step-child version. They could only put it in a car that could handle it. The Charger was clearly the only option.

In this, they knew they had to keep it secret. The only way they thought to disguise the engine was to give the car a unique color, in that the color had to be a disguise to. They tore apart the blueprints and realized that Silver was used, and Steel was used. They devised a color to paint the vehicles with the fastest engine. That car became Silver Steel.

That is how I know that Silver Steel is the fastest color. Now I have to kill you..

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
The color of your car reveals a lot about you: your personality, your moods, and even how satisfied you are with your life.

Yes, your fiery orange-red sports car says exactly what you think it does: you're sexy, speedy, high-energy, dynamic. Before you preen, go out and look at your red car. Most red cars on the road are more of a kidney bean color. Is yours? If so, it means you are dynamic and energetic but are losing your fire. You really want to be have that orange-red sports car personality, but you just can't quite make it. You're too busy, too old, or too tired. For all the good your red car does you, it might as well be brown.

A silver car generally means that you are cool and elegant. The only problem is that since silver was the most popular car color for several years, almost everyone owns one, like your neighbors who don't mow their lawns and don't put their garbage cans away after the garbage has been picked up. Real cool. Very elegant.

White is supposed to mean you are fastidious, but what it really means is that you wanted that fiery orange-red sports car, but you drive like a bat out of hell or like Batman in his Batmobile, (depending on your age group) and you were afraid that you'd get too many tickets so you chose the less conspicuous white. Good thinking. On average, while drivers in red cars do not get more tickets than anyone else, orange-red sports car drivers do, and let's face it, they deserve them. Who drives the speed limit in a car like that?

A light blue vehicle means that you're calm and quiet. It could also mean that you went to the showroom to buy a sunshine yellow car to show how joyful and young-at-heart you are, but they only had marine blue, and since you really are a calm, quiet person who doesn't like to make waves, you bought it.

A dark green vehicle means that you are traditional, trusty, and well balanced, but what it really means is that you are thrifty. Who makes dark green cars anymore? If you own one, it's probably been a while since you bought a new vehicle.

A purple vehicle means you are creative, individualistic, original, and perhaps it does. It could also mean you're too old to care what anyone thinks of you.

A black vehicle says you are empowered, not easily manipulated, love elegance, and you appreciate the classics. It's also says that you are mysterious or that you have two sides to your personality; it's the favored car of both clergy and gangstas.

A dark blue vehicle says you are credible, confident, dependable. And you drive too much because you always get stuck with the carpool.

A gray vehicle says you are sober, corporate, practical. And boring. But if that gray car is charcoal with sparkles, you still have flashes of brilliance and charisma.

An orange vehicle says you are fun loving, talkative, fickle, trendy. A yellow-green one says you are trendy, whimsical, lively. And you know it's true. Only fun and whimsical cars come in these colors: Volkswagen bugs and little sportscars.

A tan vehicle means that you're timeless, basic, simple, but it also means you have something to hide. Maybe bad driving habits? Or that you never wash your car?

A gold vehicle says is that you love comfort and will pay for it; it also says that you're intelligent, and you must be - you were smart enough to come read my post!

And a brown vehicle supposedly means you're down-to-earth but who are you trying to kid? If you really cared about the earth, you wouldn't have bought that big old gas-guzzler.

And that my friends is what I think...LMAO!!!

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
The color of your car reveals a lot about you: your personality, your moods, and even how satisfied you are with your life.

A black vehicle says you are empowered, not easily manipulated, love elegance, and you appreciate the classics. It's also says that you are mysterious or that you have two sides to your personality; it's the favored car of both clergy and gangstas.

And that my friends is what I think...LMAO!!!
lol. i have 2 black cars and that is way off. i don't dig the whole gangstas image at all either. :4-dontknow:

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
lol. i have 2 black cars and that is way off. i don't dig the whole gangstas image at all either. :4-dontknow:
I can understand that, then you must be clergy... LOL

I, personally, like the murdered out gangsta look...

·
Registered
20,981 Posts
Oh black is definitly the faster color. That's why I'm having to put a purple stripe on Mamba. You see, the purple will act as DOWNFORCE to hold it to the road, like the giant wing does for the ricers, only less gay. :gy:

Amy

·
Registered
736 Posts
Don't all colored light waves have individual frequencies? It would hold true that the highest frequency would be travelling faster, yes?

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
oh you Brilliant Blacks aren't so brilliant..... hehe...

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Light is actually not white. It is a combination of all colors. And since the color white reflects energy, this actually acts to slow the vehicle. Like a force field.

Bring your car here to southeast texas. I bet you a six pack that after one hour in my drive way, my car will be WAY hotter than yours.:gy:

That is how I know that Silver Steel is the fastest color. Now I have to kill you..
While you response sounds impressive, it show a woefully inadequate knowledge of Star Trek technology. Nuclear reactors are completely different than warp engines. While nuclear reactors utilize radiation for energy production, warp engines employ the use of matter and anti-mater. Which everyone knows can not exist in the same place. The result is an enormus release of energy instantatiously. This energy is captured in a containment field and released at a rate needed to control the ship.
The containment field and warp core use no steel. Steel is far too weak and melts at far too low a temperature.
The metals used in the star ships of the federation include thing such as tritanium, furanium, duranium... and directly from the Star Trek Technical Manual... Radiation attenuation is provided by a 4.2 cm layer of monocrystal beryllium silicate infused with semiferrous polycarbonate whiskers. Nowhere is steel used.

Class dismissed.:3-smash:

Yep, I agree completely with this one.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts