Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
D68E03CA-8E6D-4339-BFE9-C7862BD79D9D.jpeg D68E03CA-8E6D-4339-BFE9-C7862BD79D9D.jpeg Obviously the how is easy, remove and stick new ones on.
My question for those that have done it, how to get it just right?
I’m thinking use painters tape to underline the factory badge before removal, Mark center on the tape also. Since the new badge is 4 piece use more painters tape to stick to the front of the new badge before removing the backing and using the place marking tape already on the car for placement.
Y’all know what the factory Hemi badge looks like and I’m including a pic of what I’m gonna try to put on.
If anyone has done this with different or easier methods I’m all ears.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I replaced the cheesey vinyl "392" on my Daytona with the "392 HEMI" badges that are seen on the Scats.

I actually had my graphics guy do it for me, he placed a piece of tape along the outside of the badge, then "eyeballed it" while pressing it into place. He has a very straight eye, but then he spends all day installing graphics and doing wraps.

I suspect that your idea of using painter's tape would be the best way to go for us mere mortals.
fenderBadge1.jpg
fenderBadge2.jpg

Exco

·
Registered
9 Posts
I replaced the cheesey vinyl "392" on my Daytona with the "392 HEMI" badges that are seen on the Scats.

I actually had my graphics guy do it for me, he placed a piece of tape along the outside of the badge, then "eyeballed it" while pressing it into place. He has a very straight eye, but then he spends all day installing graphics and doing wraps.

I suspect that your idea of using painter's tape would be the best way to go for us mere mortals. View attachment 93026 View attachment 93028

Exco
SEMPER PARATUS brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Victor 144 here Retired BMC

·
Registered
945 Posts
View attachment 93018 View attachment 93018 Obviously the how is easy, remove and stick new ones on.
My question for those that have done it, how to get it just right?
I’m thinking use painters tape to underline the factory badge before removal, Mark center on the tape also. Since the new badge is 4 piece use more painters tape to stick to the front of the new badge before removing the backing and using the place marking tape already on the car for placement.
Y’all know what the factory Hemi badge looks like and I’m including a pic of what I’m gonna try to put on.
If anyone has done this with different or easier methods I’m all ears.
That's the way I've always done emblems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts