Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
The club, welcome to it!! Lol.

Looks good man. This simple mod REALLY changes the entire look of our cars. Looks much more aggressive with the blacked out grille

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Reps for plasti-dip! Chrome be gone!

For the rims HegHemi suggested to me that old playing cards work well shoved between the tire and rim. I cut up a piece of old poster board but next time I'll hunt down a deck with bent/missing cards.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Spraying tire shine on the tires before hand works as well.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Looking good reps!~

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
idk i might get the rims powdercoated instead lol, saw my friends rims after he got his done, it looked amazing. not doing anything too big with the car yet tho lol. im trying to uprgrade to a srt ;)

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Looks Good! reps

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Nicee...you should have made a YT video...im going to do the samething

·
Registered
637 Posts
Lookin good! They should have came that way .. but I guess if they did you guys wouldn't get to have all that fun plasti dippin haha.. I'm still looking for somethin to plasti dip on the srt...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Quick question for OP or anyone else that can answer. How durable is plasti-dip? I live in CO where we get some sand mixture on the road as a de-iceing solution. I'm not optimistic this chrome grille I have is going to hold up and I'm looking for a reason to ditch it in place of the black grille, but I don't want to waste money even if it is $30 and my time if plasti-dip isn't or can't hold up over time. It may be a silly or stupid question, but I'm just curious if this stuff (plasti-dip) chips or flakes at all. Trying to weigh which option is better, buy a new black grille that (hopefully) has been tested to withstand rocks and such to a degree, or plasti-dip my current grille and save money. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Pretty durable stuff. Has lots of flex and will hold up to below freezing temperatures, car washes etc. Great at protecting rims and grilles. One can will do ya and I think it's about $6 at HD, Lowes, Wallyworld. Doesn't like bug and tar remover, lol, so you can use that to clean up any overspray.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts