Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks. I picked up a Predator before I went on a mini vacation. The anticipation was killing me so as soon as I got back I was in the car installing a tune. I have about a 1/4 tank of 89 so I just loaded the 89 tune. All I can say is wow:O. It seems like she idles more aggressively and when I hit it on the highway, she goes without hesitation. The pull is what I noticed first. Its a serious upgrade from stock. I cant wait to try the 93 tune. Any suggestions on how much of the 89 octane should I burn before filling up with the 93? Thanx

·
PLS EMAIL INSTEAD OF PM
1,649 Posts
Wait for gas light to come on, then fill up with 93 and change the tune when you get home. FWIW many people have seen better results with 91 tune since it's a bit leaner than the 93 tune. Try both and see how you like them (still run 93 oct gas with 91 CAI tune)

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
Congrats, the Predator is a great mod...:TU:

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
At least you bought it!!!!!!!! It's not because we was not telling you how good the Predator is!!!!!! Congrats!!!!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Diablo brings the Devil out of your car! I'm running the 93 Oct Tune and the Bull stomps out some serious Power with it. Enjoy and try to keep her straight....!!!

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Congrats brah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Congrats on the new addition. I've been running the 89 tune for about a week and have already noticed my mpgs go up from 20mpg (avg highway and city) to 22mpg. That's including the enjoyment of stomping the go pedal for some minor seat squishing fun. Lol

Enjoy, bro.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Congrats on the new addition. I've been running the 89 tune for about a week and have already noticed my mpgs go up from 20mpg (avg highway and city) to 22mpg. That's including the enjoyment of stomping the go pedal for some minor seat squishing fun. Lol

Enjoy, bro.

i have read that the 89 tune isnt good for the motor. Have you had any problems at all? Also does your idle (in drive) run higher then the stock idle?

·
Registered
239 Posts
I haven't noticed any problems. However, I recently bumped up to the 91 tune and the car is just a bit quicker. I think the 91 tune is better than the 89. Again, I didn't have any issues with the 89 tune for the couple of weeks I ran it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I haven't noticed any problems. However, I recently bumped up to the 91 tune and the car is just a bit quicker. I think the 91 tune is better than the 89. Again, I didn't have any issues with the 89 tune for the couple of weeks I ran it.

so you where using 89 octane when you had the 89 tune and now you have switched to 91 octane so you changed to 91 tune?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanx alot guys. First mod down many more to come. :TU: I think I'll go with the Bully next.
You should defenitly get the Big Bully cai. it isnt as expensive as the name brand cai's but it performs just as well. I personally have one and i am very happy with it. I would also recomend dual exhaust if u dont have it.:TU:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts