Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

This is week 2 with my new Daytona 392.

I am wondering about the oil. Normally 500-1,000 miles is the first oil change. I see it is not until 5,500. Just wondering if there’s any reason for that? Also Pennzoil? I have always run Mobil1 when I do an oil change. Recently switched to Schaffer’s since I run it in my race engines. What’s the take as I’m in Vegas. We are done with the heat for now however next summer I will need every bit of protection I can get.

here’s the spec sheets on the Schaffer’s.

https://www.schaefferoil.com/documents/316-9040-td.pdf

I was not able to find anything else on the Pennzoil except this:

https://www.pennzoil.com/en_us/prod...d2a795783336304fc738d/sae-0w-40-sept-2019.pdf

Thank you in advance.

-Danny

·
Registered
2017 Charger R/T Blacktop
3,564 Posts
I always do 1st change at 500 to 1000k then every 4k afterwards. I use Mobil 1 full synthetic and a Wix filter. In the SPS I use the Pennzoil ultra platinum and Wix filter, 57899XP while it is still in Warranty.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I always do 1st change at 500 to 1000k then every 4k afterwards. I use Mobil 1 full synthetic and a Wix filter. In the SPS I use the Pennzoil ultra platinum and Wix filter, 57899XP while it is still in Warranty.
Ha!!!

That is exactly what I used in my A4 and still use in my Explorer. Is the filter a one quart filter?

I always try to find the one quart filter for the extra capacity.

What are the takes on higher ZDDP oils? I am still old school with thinking flat tappet cams.

Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I'll follow the manual that says 6K or 6 months for mine. I found some Castrol 0W-40, for about $4-something a quart in a 5-quart jug, so I will use that then. Lastly, with hydraulic rollers, we no longer need the additives. Like you said that was strictly flat tappet engines. Do we get any free/complimentary oil changes on a new car?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts