Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just did my mid-muffler delete this morning so I thought I'd share my experience because, before I did it, I searched a lot about the sound and was worried about drone and the info I found online were kind of all over the map. I have a 2017 Scat Pack with AFE cat delete pipes and the rest of the exhaust is stock.

For what it's worth, it sounds amazing and there is no drone at all, at any RPM. When it was first started up to back it out of the bay I was not expecting it to be as loud and was immediately concerned about interior noise/drone. I'm happy to report there is no drone at all and it sounds throaty and mean with a little extra popping on decel, but not in an annoying way. I'm totally surprised how aggressive it sounds outside, while only noticing a minimal difference of the exhaust note on the inside when simply driving around town at regular speeds. Only when you really lean into the gas or nail it can you hear it come alive. It sounds like I have much more done to the car than I do, LOL

Anyway, if you're looking for an inexpensive option to get some sound I highly recomment it... and saving about 20 lbs. of weight is fine too. :D

·
Registered
2017 Charger R/T Blacktop
3,494 Posts
Welcome from AZ.

·
Registered
2017 Dodge Charger R/T
4,389 Posts
Welcome to the Z from Atlanta!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts