Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Flowmaster

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, been a bit since I was on here, but I've got a small exhaust problem (sound mainly). Nothing serious.

Anyway, for my 3.5 L 2006 Charger, I've got a Flowmaster 44 and deleted the resonator. It made the exhaust sound a lot more clear and now it has a small rumble, but it is still rather quiet. Some people have even noted that for a Flowmaster, it's oddly quiet.

Well, Yesterday I talked to a dude who owns a late 90s Pontiac Firebird (V6) that sounded really nice and kind of loud actually. Not the loudest V6 I've ever heard but still, pretty loud. I ask him what he's got on it and he tells me a Flowmaster 40 series... What I got.

I start talking to him about it, and tell him I assume it's just my engine, maybe 3.5 L Chrysler vehicles are quiet, even with a Flowmaster. But no, he tells me he has a friend with a 3.5 L Charger as well with a Flowmaster on it and said it sounds close to his Pontiac noise... That noise is about as twice as loud as mine.

He told me maybe I should increase the size of out pipe or something (couldn't really understand what he was saying). Does anyone know how to improve my sound since he had practically the same muffler as me but his is twice as loud. Thanks.

·
Registered
67 Posts
That is odd. I would have thought that the 44 and resonator delete would have raised your growl level significantly. That said, if the other car had the "original" 40, it is louder than the 44. The Super 40 and Delta Flow 40 are quieter than your 44.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure if original 40. He said "40 series". It didn't raise it significantly. It raised it from nothing to a little bit of growl.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts