Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if someone can help me out...I did a muffler swap on my 06 charger Daytona rt with the outlaw series mufflers instead of spending $800 on a whole kit and the sound sucks ! Cut off the reso’s and put 4in tips on it and it sounds nothing like the videos I watched on YouTube. Can someone explain why ? So confused ..

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Several things can contribute to your exhaust sounding different that those you heard on YouTube...
Size of the piping. Does the kit increase the pipe diameter from 2.25" to 2.5"?
Does the kit eliminate the resonators?
Does the kit include a different X-pipe?

The YouTubers may have changed their pipe diameter, changed their resonators, installed a CAI, installed a tune (e.g. DiabloSport or custom tune). I assume most of them did not install headers but headers can affect the exhaust sound.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Some of the owners did the mid-muffler delete (kept the resonators) and said they liked the sound. Since you eliminated the resonators this is not an option unless you install aftermarket resonators. I have Flowmaster 40's installed with 12" perforated core resonators to eliminate any droning in the passenger compartment. If you're staying with Flowmaster you may be interested in listening to their sound comparison video.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the Outlaw setup on my 2012 Ram and I love the sound. On my charger I am running a Gibson exhaust with Blastin Bob's tailpipes. Tying in the Blastin Bob's to the Gibson took some engineering and welding, but I think it sounds good.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts