Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2014 police pursuit,
I see on bumper cover, factory wires on left and right side that go to the fog light location and snap into a dead plastic socket, on the plastic dummy blank light inserts.

I put a volt meter to test and found a strange voltage when my headlight were on.... 4.6 volts ?

4.6 Volts seems to be a very odd voltage, and I am not sure what lights belong in this location whether it be fog lights, driving lights, or LED array ?
The supply wires appear to be 16 or 18 gauge wire size

I can take photos if needed or helpful
Any help on solving this mystery much appreciated

Thanks in advance for any help
Tony in Florida

·
Registered
2017 Charger R/T Blacktop
9,169 Posts
I can't say for 2014 or police Charger but my 2011 was not wired for foglights. I had to buy a kit that had the lights, mounting plates and new headlight switch and wiring harness which had to run into the car and hooked up behind the glove box and then activated by the dealer.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is a photo of the back of the Bumper fog light insert with the wire attached to the dummy connected

·
Registered
9,169 Posts
You may be lucky and not need wires run, but the headlight switch needs to have the push to turn on fog lights option, if it does I have no idea why the weird voltage.

·
Hey y'all, watch this!
2,020 Posts
Pretty sure it still has to be enabled by the dealer even if the wiring is there along with a supporting headlamp switch.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You may be lucky and not need wires run, but the headlight switch needs to have the push to turn on fog lights option, if it does I have no idea why the weird voltage.
So it does appear to be factory OEM wiring??

My light switch does not have the push to operate, so possibly if I change the lights which it will still not work unless the computer authorizes it,??
Perhaps without authorization that’s why I’m getting the strange voltage readings....
Just trying to figure all this out.

·
Registered
9,169 Posts
They have to be activated by the dealer.

·
Registered
174 Posts
You are pre wired. My 2011 Pursuit had same wires. But you need the switch and of course the programming turned on. Which a TAZER could do for you.

Here is a photo of just the foglights on.

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You are pre wired. My 2011 Pursuit had same wires. But you need the switch and of course the programming turned on. Which a TAZER could do for you.

Here is a photo of just the foglights on.
Thank you for that info... answered my questions...
I do have a “OBDLink Mx+ OBD2” Bluetooth scanner & use the alfaobd software with it to turn on sport mode on my pursuit ....... i’ll have to search around to see if I can also turn on the fog lights with it

Thanks
Tony in Florida

·
Registered
8 Posts
I saw those plugs and was wondering if they were for the fog lights and if the programming was already done or not if the wiring was already there. Good to know it's a yes for both.

There's a YouTube video that shows the mopar kit comes with all the light parts, wiring that you have to add in and new headlight switch and that a dealer needs to enable it so its had me wondering for a while now.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I saw those plugs and was wondering if they were for the fog lights and if the programming was already done or not if the wiring was already there. Good to know it's a yes for both.

There's a YouTube video that shows the mopar kit comes with all the light parts, wiring that you have to add in and new headlight switch and that a dealer needs to enable it so its had me wondering for a while now.
Regardless of wiring, you will need to the programming to be enabled by something.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts