Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... How much of a difference does it really make ? I've heard that the more mods you have, the more you it helps so what mods do you all have and how much do you feel (or know) it helps? Im looking at the modern muscle throttle body and want some input before i pull on it. I have jba shorties, dual exhuast, cold air intake and a predator. Thanks Z! :D

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
I think before to change your TB you might have to install an Oil Catch Can. It will be crazy to continue to had oil on a brand new TB. Kook how much oil you burn in only 6000 miles!!!!

·
Premium Member
7,551 Posts
The performance enhancement well justifies the low cost of the ported throttle body - IMHO.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for the quick responses! About the catch can... is there anything special i need or does it all come with the catch can(mounting supplies, lines/hoses....)

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
Thanks guys for the quick responses! About the catch can... is there anything special i need or does it all come with the catch can(mounting supplies, lines/hoses....)
You will need the line hose only and the little thing to screw at the end of the hose (sorry I don't remember the name in English):i_rolleyes:

You can follow this link if you want!
http://www.chargerforumz.com/showthread.php?t=99602

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i ordered the 71 mm throttlebody and i cant wait to get it in. i think im going to dyno my car once i get it and see if i can do a before and after and then maybe a little dyno tunning as well :D

·
Registered
822 Posts
You gotta post the results even if you only butt dyno it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i will. Speedlogix shipped my tb today then i need to call the shop and see when they can get me in.

·
Registered
997 Posts
The throttle repsonse is better. You should see about a 7 hp gain. The Butt dyno feels good and it's worth the $$$ to get. Good luck with getting it.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The throttle repsonse is better. You should see about a 7 hp gain. The Butt dyno feels good and it's worth the $$$ to get. Good luck with getting it.
Thanks! Im hoping to get the throttle body by friday, or next monday at the latest then hopefully the dyno within the week after. :TU:

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Well, i got my throttle body in today. I had to deal with my car being broken into this morning but after all of that, i installed the new 71mm throttle body. I took her put for a test drive and she is much more responsive when i touch the gas and pulls a tiny bit harder, which is better than nothing.

old on the left, new on the right

Reactions: azoth99
1 - 15 of 15 Posts