Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please feel free to tell us your story of what you found out while driving your car..

After 7 mos of ownership I found out when you just bump the signal lever it gives you 3 solid blips on the change signal lights..
WOW.. I alway would put the lever in the LEFT or RIGHT position and then turn it off..
Bumped it so it didnt actually lock into and it gives a 3 signal burst..

Pretty cool..

Yeah, I know nerdy, but I had no idea prior to finding out on accident.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Please feel free to tell us your story of what you found out while driving your car..

After 7 mos of ownership I found out when you just bump the signal lever it gives you 3 solid blips on the change signal lights..
WOW.. I alway would put the lever in the LEFT or RIGHT position and then turn it off..
Bumped it so it didnt actually lock into and it gives a 3 signal burst..

Pretty cool..

Yeah, I know nerdy, but I had no idea prior to finding out on accident.
I found that out by exploring the official Dodge app I got on my phone, pretty cool. I love the 3 burst feature, I use it allot on the freeway.
I just noticed, about 2 weeks ago, that when I have the radio on, it also displays in the EVIC what station I have on, I had never noticed it before, pretty cool.

·
12,919 Posts
Yeah, that's a cool feature that I use all the time. I believe I've even had it on a couple of cars prior to this one.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yeah, I had read that a few days in when I got mine. Then, when you drive other cars you have the reflex to do it and then wonder why it blinked only once....D'Oh, not the Charger....

·
Registered
776 Posts
Yeah i do that to merge lanes , i only leave it completely on for a turn

·
Registered
229 Posts
I wasn't exactly driving the car to discover this one, but I found out recently after a very stupid misfortune, that the trunk lid doesn't close while the key remote is inside the trunk. Safe to say I thought there was something wrong with my trunk and I thought sitting on it would solve the problem and it actually did, had to use the spare to get my original key back.

·
Registered
13,019 Posts
My salesman walked me through just about every feature I had when I bought it. But all I was thinking was get out, I need to drive!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wasn't exactly driving the car to discover this one, but I found out recently after a very stupid misfortune, that the trunk lid doesn't close while the key remote is inside the trunk. Safe to say I thought there was something wrong with my trunk and I thought sitting on it would solve the problem and it actually did, had to use the spare to get my original key back.
There was a user on these forums who posted this. He was on a road trip with is wife and her purse was in the trunk. While he was not around the car they couldn't close the trunk. He would walk up and close it with the key in his pocket. After a few - he figured it out and had some fun with it..

·
Dave
3,633 Posts
My '08 worked the same way. For years some cars have had an "intermediate" momentary step in the stalk that you can hold without clicking full-on to the "on" position and hold the blinker for as long as you want, which was fairly handy when changing lanes, etc. Having to just bump it once is nice, but sometimes I wish I could set that to 4 flashes... my lane changes aren't always that urgent, lol.

The "trunk pops if it sense the key is in it" would have been really handy with my '08... a friend of mine locked my key in there once, had to have AAA come open my doors and they managed to tear the weatherseal on the door jamb with their wedge. Got them to pay to replace it, but still, what a pain. Love this feature on the new car.

I also like the emergency funnel in the spare tire area - handy for adding ACES or Seafoam, but you have to clean it/air it out for a while after that... or stash it in a plastic bag until you get somewhere where you can do that.

·
Registered
59 Posts
It took me a few times of the three blinks and I'd think what the heck, I only did it one blink and it did three. :) I agree, four would be perfect!

It took three plus weeks for me to discover the volume and station change buttons on the back of the steering wheel at 9 and 3. Geez!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I like the vehicle info in the dash cluster, monitors oil temp, coolant temp, oil pressure and trans temp. Helps know when car is warm!

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Haven't found any hidden gems yet with this one, but with my Magnum I found out that the visors extend or slide on the pole their mounted to. The Charger does this too, but it took me THREE YEARS to figure out that the Magnum did that.

Man, did I feel stupid after that.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I know the feeling, last month (after having it for 6mo) I figured out that the visors slide. Didn't know about the flashers but I've been using it since you posted

·
Registered
193 Posts
It must be a feature of the '13s where you see the radio info' onthe EVIC. My '12 doesn't have this. :(

1 - 20 of 29 Posts