Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My front calipers were sticking closed. I have replaced Rotors, Calipers and pads. This helped however they are still slow to open up. I have herd it could be a problem with the rubber brake lines deteriorating from inside and not letting the brake fluid return. any help would be gratefully apricated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Have you bled the brakes? If there is air in the lines, that will do it too. Get a "Pressure Bleeder" and it will be easy as heck.

·
Hey y'all, watch this!
1,598 Posts
I would change the hoses going to the calipers also as they are bad to collapse. Did it on my Challenger when I had the calipers changed out.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Make sure the caliper hoses aren't twisted, a common DIY mistake.
I've seen it before, and it will inhibit release of pressure.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My front calipers were sticking closed. I have replaced Rotors, Calipers and pads. This helped however they are still slow to open up. I have herd it could be a problem with the rubber brake lines deteriorating from inside and not letting the brake fluid return. any help would be gratefully apricated. Thanks in advance.
Also, make sure the caliper sliders are sufficiently lubricated whether they are brand new or not.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
He's gone. There is a rash of new members coming on with bizarre issues like helpless souls. Its called seeding. His symptoms and results from the work done do not add up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts