Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my Hotchkis sways and bwoody endlinks a couple days age andIm am going to re-grease my front sway bar bushings because they are pretty noisey. Does anybody know the torque specs for the bushing housing? If you tighten the housing too much(I might have the first time) on the bushings, will that cause it to amke noise? I greased it pretty good with some lucas wheel bearing grease.
Any tips?
When i press on the front of the car you can hear the noisey ass bushings.
Ill take avid tomorow of it.
please help.

·
SX=Modern Mopar Experts!
4,974 Posts
Sounds like you may just need to relube the bushings

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
make sure your using the washers with the bwoodys and make sure your endlink to sway is tight if its loose it will sound like your front end is falling off.

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, I think I may have used the wrong type of grease.
I just ended up taking it to the dealership because I had another issue with my valve covers leaking and I just has them look at the suspension while it was there. Should be ready tomorrow.
Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
12,833 Posts
i just lubed the piss out of my sway bushings and haven't had any issues so far.

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What type of grease did you use? I may have used the wrong type. I used Lucas wheel bearing grease. Its green.

·
Registered
12,833 Posts
I honestly don't remember, what ever the hotchkis instructions said. I could swear it was in there. otherwise I used what ever the auto hobby shop suggested i use if they weren't in there.

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea, they provided some but I dont think it says what kind it was.

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
I use Lucas full synthetic wheel bearing greas on mine, I have to lube them about every six months or everyother oil change.. If they are not lubed enough they make all kinds of noise..

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I use Lucas full synthetic wheel bearing greas on mine, I have to lube them about every six months or everyother oil change.. If they are not lubed enough they make all kinds of noise..

I used that exact same grease. I put a lot too. Hope the dealer can solve it. It will be ready tomorrow. Posting a vid for sure.

·
Registered
629 Posts
KwChico305 - Good luck man, I hope they get it taken care of! To answer your original questions:

Torque spec for the front sway bar clamps is 44 ft lbs. Over tightening would place unnecessary tension in the bolts and such, bit since the clamps bottom out on the subframe brackets before torque can be reached, cranking them too tight wouldn't squeeze the isolators any more than if they were at the correct torque.

The torque spec for the end links (OEM at least) is 95 ft.lbs. Both ends.

The grease that was recommended (and supplied) by Mopar for my sways is "High grade lithium or silicone based grease with molybdenum disulfide or moly".

Reactions: KwChico305

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
KwChico305 - Good luck man, I hope they get it taken care of! To answer your original questions:

Torque spec for the front sway bar clamps is 44 ft lbs. Over tightening would place unnecessary tension in the bolts and such, bit since the clamps bottom out on the subframe brackets before torque can be reached, cranking them too tight wouldn't squeeze the isolators any more than if they were at the correct torque.

The torque spec for the end links (OEM at least) is 95 ft.lbs. Both ends.

The grease that was recommended (and supplied) by Mopar for my sways is "High grade lithium or silicone based grease with molybdenum disulfide or moly".
Thanks man. Reps^

1 - 14 of 14 Posts