Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My engine has been idling rough while in park and idling for an extended amount of time. My engine stalled on me today. The ramps average between 600 and 700 when idling then will drop to 500. I'll rev my engine and the rpm's will go to 1000 and remain there until I press on the gas pedal.

I took my coil pack overs off and found the one of my injector wires is broke and another one was skinned. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the idle but I know it cannot be good.

Where can I find new fuel injector connectors and what are some good ones to purchase?

Also, what will putting a upgraded fuel injector do to my engine performance? I have not made any mods on this engine, but would like to start.

Thanks in advance
20200326_181412.jpg

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
one of my injector wires is broke and another one was skinned.
Looks like a rodent chewed on the wiring. I don't think they sell the connectors individually. You would probably end up having to purchase a complete wiring harness. You can check the auto salvage yards and take out a wiring harness or section of the harness ... or just purchase the proper gauge wire. Splice the wiring/connector onto your car. Be sure to splice it correctly (YouTube video link below). Then wrap the new wiring with automotive wiring harness cloth tape.
The chewed wires could easily be the cause of the problems you're having (e.g. rough idle, uncontrolled RPMs, etc...). Upgraded fuel injectors will not do anything for performance. If you were adding forced induction (supercharger) then larger volume injectors would be recommended. If you have faulty injectors (e.g. leaking) then replacing them with stock (Mopar OEM) is recommended.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts