Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've got a super 44 and some CB glasspacks on for my exhaust right now. I think it's time to make the jump to a full catback, I'm definitely looking for something louder than the 44 is right now. I've looked at Pypes, Solo, and Borla but I can't decide on which one is best. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Saw your post and thought I’d ask, how’s your setup now? Meaning, the super 44 is in place of the mid muffler and CB glasspacks as the resonators? I ask because I’ve been different setups on my Charger and haven’t been able to find a good mix to produce a deeper tone and loudness with not so much drone.

Originally had stock mid muffler and rear resonators removed. Pretty much straight piped. It sounded nice outside the car but too much drone inside. Had rear resonators put back on. Drone was gone but then had too much rasp. So now I have the Dynomax 2.5” Race Bullet in place of the mid muffler with stock rear resonators. Sounds nice, no drone, but not loud enough. Was thinking of going with a true dual setup, eliminating stock Y pipe and having dual pipes from the cats to a dual in/dual out super 10 to dual pipes all the way to the back, removing resonators and adding some nice tips.

What u think? And sorry, don’t mean to hijack your post.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Saw your post and thought I’d ask, how’s your setup now? Meaning, the super 44 is in place of the mid muffler and CB glasspacks as the resonators? I ask because I’ve been different setups on my Charger and haven’t been able to find a good mix to produce a deeper tone and loudness with not so much drone.

Originally had stock mid muffler and rear resonators removed. Pretty much straight piped. It sounded nice outside the car but too much drone inside. Had rear resonators put back on. Drone was gone but then had too much rasp. So now I have the Dynomax 2.5” Race Bullet in place of the mid muffler with stock rear resonators. Sounds nice, no drone, but not loud enough. Was thinking of going with a true dual setup, eliminating stock Y pipe and having dual pipes from the cats to a dual in/dual out super 10 to dual pipes all the way to the back, removing resonators and adding some nice tips.

What u think? And sorry, don’t mean to hijack your post.
I’m pretty sure your dynomax setup is louder than the super 44. I’ve got one in the middle, CBs in the rear and some flowmaster tips so there’s basically no drone and it’s got a great deep sound but it’s a little too quiet for me. I actually thought about doing the exact setup with the super 10 you’re thinking about with an x pipe as well but I don’t think the super 10 has too great of a sound at WOT. Sounds great at start up and idle though and it’s pretty loud. But I’m also not 100% sure because I’ve only seen videos.

Here’s a clip of my current setup: https://streamable.com/xssf0

·
Registered
137 Posts
I’m pretty sure your dynomax setup is louder than the super 44. I’ve got one in the middle, CBs in the rear and some flowmaster tips so there’s basically no drone and it’s got a great deep sound but it’s a little too quiet for me. I actually thought about doing the exact setup with the super 10 you’re thinking about with an x pipe as well but I don’t think the super 10 has too great of a sound at WOT. Sounds great at start up and idle though and it’s pretty loud. But I’m also not 100% sure because I’ve only seen videos.

Here’s a clip of my current setup: https://streamable.com/xssf0
I like the way yours sounds. Nice deep sound. I agree with you though in that making it a little louder would be better. But it still sounds great the way it is.

I know our V6s will never sounds like a hemi V8 but my goal is not to sound like one, instead to get a deeper throaty sound at startup, idle and WOT. On the opposite side of things, while cruising I don’t want to hear much of it. That’s what made me put the rear resonators back on. The drone inside the car was driving me nuts. Didn’t last a week with that setup.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah the super 10’s don’t sound that great at WOT. But then again, not many mufflers do on the 3.6.
If you want a full catback, I’d say Borla has the best sound.
If you’re considering going true dual with a muffler swap... an H-pipe, with super 10’s and cherry bomb resonators should sound louder, while still being deep. I haven’t heard this setup in person but BlacktopShady on the chally forum has a video. Think he said the drone is moderate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts