Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am new to the forum.

I have ordered my new charger 3 weeks ago now.
This is my first factory new Dodge vehicle.
Because I am in germany, it is not that easy to get hold of a charger with all the options I wanted.
Got a lot more Chrysler/Dodge vehicles and fall in love with the charger when I had it as a rent-a-car last year in the us.

It will probably take a lot more time till I got the car here (shipping, Customs etc.)

Has anyone a clou what the actual production time will be?

I have read that some cars are produced within 3 weeks, others mention up to 4 months.

The thing is, I need to register the car before jan 1 2021 because at that time there will be a change in tax for new registered cars.

·
Registered
2017 Charger R/T Blacktop
9,116 Posts
Welcome from AZ, average delivery time is 6 to 8 weeks although it could be less or more. I have no idea on shipping time to Germany. Hopefully you will get it before January.

Reactions: Nuwanda

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Western New York. I have no idea what the current delivery time is. When I custom ordered my 2015 Rallye, it arrived at the dealership in just under 2 weeks. However, I think that is the exception rather than the norm.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your quick answers.
6 to 8 weeks is fine for me even if it takes 2 weeks more it should be easy to handle everything before january.
Shipping will be about a month (know that already) so that everything will work out just fine.

Two weeks is pretty fast! I guess you have been very lucky to get it that quick.

I was wondering if they do have full shifts at the assembly again, or if they work with one shift in the moment.
That is why I was asking about delivery time.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Tell us about the options?

·
Registered
993 Posts
I'm just curious about the cars options. We all are, it's part of the fun here.
Mine is a 2013 R/T Plus, basically a 5.7 with leather. But I have made several significant upgrades and changes.
One out of country is interesting.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Welcome to the Z, from Pittsburgh!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm just curious about the cars options. We all are, it's part of the fun here.
Mine is a 2013 R/T Plus, basically a 5.7 with leather. But I have made several significant upgrades and changes.
One out of country is interesting.
I opted for the GT AWD. I would love a hemi but it is far to much tax I need to pay yearly (for the 5.7 around 750 $) + insurance. And if I can only get it after jan2021 this would even be worst.

So I went for the GT with all available options:
Power Sunroof
Blacktop Package
Navigation & Travel Group
Driver Convenience Group
Alpine Audio Group
Technology Group
Plus Group

I still don´t know why I can´t choose the 20" rims on the AWD So for the moment I got the 19" Wheels

1 - 12 of 12 Posts