Dodge Charger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased G2 caliper paint because I wanted to add a little flash with my new wheels. After some research, I stumbled upon G2. This stuff is absolutely fantastic. Unlike the cheaper caliper paint, typically around $7-$20 which leaves your calipers painted but not glossy, the G2 paint does a fantastic job giving you a top quality looking caliper. It really looks factory painted. No drip marks whatsoever. Extremely glossy. Easy to do yourself. As long as you take your time, tape everything off that you need to, and follow the instructions, it's really fool proof. I recommend this product for anyone looking to paint either their calipers or drums. The kit is retailed around $40, but worth every penny.:appl:

Attachments

·
Registered
13,506 Posts
yeah that g2 paint is great. i used it a couple years ago and loved it

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Looks great, I plan on ordering my G2 caliper paint in a few weeks. seems like it is a good brand to use.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man it's an awesome brand. Like I said, I recommend it to anyone, and I'm extremely picky. You will love it. When it's not raining here I will get my nicer camera out and snap some clearer photos.

·
400 cubes of Goodness!!!
10,995 Posts
Nice job on the calipers! I've used the dupont creamic brush on and it works good as well. I like the finish of the brush ons better thsn the sprays. They look great bro and they really pop!

·
Registered
13,506 Posts
How's it still holding up?

I held up decent the first year or so then started to peel. I think it was because of the way I applied it though.............I still would recommend because the stuff goes on like glue with mininum spills or drips.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks man, and I completely agree, the brush on is def better quality. Plus I didn't want paint spraying all over the place. I feel like the spray would leave a lot of run marks. The brush is nice because you can control exactly how much to apply. I did two coats and they looked fantastic. Anyone can really do it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I held up decent the first year or so then started to peel. I think it was because of the way I applied it though.............I still would recommend because the stuff goes on like glue with mininum spills or drips.
How did you apply it?

·
Registered
13,506 Posts
With the brush but I dont think I clean my calipers as good as I should have.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
With the brush but I dont think I clean my calipers as good as I should have.
Yeah that could have been it. Did you scrub it all with a wire brush? I bought one at lowes for like $4 and used the entire can of brake cleaner on it haha. I scrubbed the hell out of them with the wire brush, it really cleaned them good. The paint will def cure better on a cleaner surface for sure.

·
Registered
13,506 Posts
Nope I literally sprayed the cleaner on their and wiped it off. I was being lazy as hell.

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
Looks really good, if you apply it right it will last years. I did mine 4 years ago, and here's how they still look.. I have no peeling at all...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
They look good banana, loving the yellow. Four years no peeling, that's impressive. What kind of paint did u use on yours?

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Looks great i just received my G2 paint last week but will wait until October.
Did you do any prep work like sanding and wirebrush? The box or instructions also said it should be good for 3 coats, how many did you paint?
I will probably clear coat mine after words

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Did you do any prep work like sanding and wirebrush? The box or instructions also said it should be good for 3 coats, how many did you paint?
I only used the wirebrush and the caliper cleaner in the kit. I pretty much used up the entire can of cleaner thou and scrubbed the hell out of them, they were a lot cleaner after. I only applied two coats, but you can easily get 3 out of the can if you want to. I had a little more than a 1/4th left of the paint after I applied 2, and I was really putting it on my second coat.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
cool thanks for the reply

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No problem. And I'm sure the sandpaper would help. I didn't use it but some other people have.

·
Registered
20,933 Posts
They look good banana, loving the yellow. Four years no peeling, that's impressive. What kind of paint did u use on yours?
It's the G2....

I cleaned mine with the supplied cleaner, I also used a red scotch brite pad and gave them a good going over..

1 - 20 of 23 Posts