Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Garmin 2023.20 (North America) Map update is now available.

Uconnect CTP11 & CTP12 (2011 - 2012)
Full Coverage North America 2023.20 map

When you are finished, the folder/file structure on the USB stick should look like this:

└───Garmin
. │ gmapprom.img
. │ gmaptz.img
. │ gmapbmap.img
. │
. ├───ASR
. │ 073S7L6O.srx
. │ 073S7L6P.asr
. │ 073S7L6Q.asr
. │ 073S7L6R.asr
. │
. ├───JCV
. │ D9675010A.jcv

*Note that these file names are ONLY for 2023.20 map

This release fixes the problem of the maps being too large for the Uconnect memory.
2023.10 maps were 5.2GB with the gmapprom file being 4GB.
2023.20 maps are 4.1GB with the gmapprom file being 3.3GB

The only peculiar behavior I observed was after loading the maps to the Nuvi. On the first power-up/reboot of the Nuvi it displayed a message saying the maps were over a year old. Subsequent power-up cycles did not repeat the message.

Reactions: kmapp and CtCarl

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not familiar with the 2015 Uconnect Nav system. Hopefully another member can answer the question.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been successfully updating my 2014 Chrysler 300 maps, from my Nuvi 3590, for 7 years now. From time to time lurking and learning from Tanbam, RScottyL, Djalbin, and very thankful to you all.
But now I see the SID files have disappeared from the file structure in recent posts here, and I've also noticed, as of 2023.20, that the SIDs on my NUVI no longer follow the same gradually incrementing pattern of file numbers, so I cannot reliably choose the right two files.
Is there any info on the SIDs that I've overlooked? I honestly never have seen a good explanation of their purpose(s).
I see, as mentioned, that gmapprom got SMALLER, so I could still squeeze everything in, if I just knew which SIDs to use, IF they are still of any value:)
Very curious as to what I might have missed...
Greetings to all, from a place in Arizona hotter than Tucson.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I receive the SID files on my 2595LM Nuvi but don't pay any attention to them since they're not used for the CTP11/CTP12 maps. As soon as I see any information on which SID files to use for the 2023.20 maps I'll post it here.
Greetings to all, from a place in Arizona hotter than Tucson.
This summer almost everywhere is hotter than Tucson.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got all of the files but the JCV file is not loaded on the Garmin Nuvi. Is there somewhere else to download this from? So I found out that the JCV file was on the memory card. Don't know what I am doing wrong but have all the files, unlocked the two files in the main Garmin folder, but still won't load. I get an hour glass, but stops like after 5 seconds.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, I followed instructions and unlocked files with specified program. I think the problem is that there is too much data. I am going to try fallback method this morning. Ran out of time yesterday. Will post results.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So I moved the 3 folders to the root directory of the USB and it still gives me the same error. Looking back at your above conversation I missed where the unlock code was from? I ran the program and it went through the MDS prompt items, but did not give a code that I saw. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The USB drive should not have any other files on it other than the map files. Format the USB for FAT32 file system. Use a smaller USB (e.g. 8GB, 16GB). Anything over 32GB can be a problem. Do not use a USB that has AutoPlay enabled.
On the USB there should be a Garmin directory. The ASR and JCV directories are subdirectories of the Garmin directory (this example is for the CTP11/CTP12 maps - CTP13/CTP14 maps have the additional SID subdirectory).
Rectangle Font Pattern Circle Parallel

Use GMapTool to determine the map FID number. Use Jetmouse to generate the unlock code.
Bring up the Nav main screen on the Uconnect before plugging the USB drive into into the center console USB port.

Reactions: gustafa75

·
Registered
6 Posts
So, I started over from scratch. Disabled auto play and changed the byte size while formatting to 16k instead of 4k (default) and it uploaded like a champ! Thanks for helping me out solving this issue!

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
changed the byte size while formatting to 16k instead of 4k (default)
My default allocation unit size when formatting is 32k bytes and it works too.

Reactions: gustafa75

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Yes this was for my ‘14 R/T. I had CTP13.
Oh, interesting. I'm still waiting for Scotty to post the file structure. What did you use as a guide? I'm familiar with the procedure, but not the file/directory list for 2023.20. I saw where DJ had posted one, but I believe he runs CTP12.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had been reading a lot of the previous posts and what files were used. When I finally got the Garmin to my house, I updated and started searching the Garmin. This is the file structure that I used...

└───Garmin
. │ gmapprom.img
. │ gmaptz.img
. │ gmapbmap.img
. │
. ├───ASR
. │ 073S7L6O.srx
. │ 073S7L6P.asr
. │ 073S7L6Q.asr
. │ 073S7L6R.asr
. │
. ├───JCV
. │ D9675010A.jcv
. │
. ├───SID
. │ D3398400A.sid
. │ D9667010A.sid
. │ D9669010A.sid
. │ D9685010A.sid

I couldn't decipher which .sid files to use so I just loaded all 4 files and it worked fine, after I formatted to the 16k vs 4k byte size when formatting the USB drive.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I had been reading a lot of the previous posts and what files were used. When I finally got the Garmin to my house, I updated and started searching the Garmin. This is the file structure that I used...

└───Garmin
. │ gmapprom.img
. │ gmaptz.img
. │ gmapbmap.img
. │
. ├───ASR
. │ 073S7L6O.srx
. │ 073S7L6P.asr
. │ 073S7L6Q.asr
. │ 073S7L6R.asr
. │
. ├───JCV
. │ D9675010A.jcv
. │
. ├───SID
. │ D3398400A.sid
. │ D9667010A.sid
. │ D9669010A.sid
. │ D9685010A.sid

I couldn't decipher which .sid files to use so I just loaded all 4 files and it worked fine, after I formatted to the 16k vs 4k byte size when formatting the USB drive.
Okay, thanks for the 4-1-1. For what it's worth, I noticed that gmapdem.img was updated on my 3590 as well, so I'm going to try including that too. We'll see if there's room on there.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
FWIW, the file structure posted by @gustafa75, (with the added gmapdem.img) worked fine copying 2023.20 North America from my Garmin 3590 to CTP13. Like last time around, I used a Sandisk Cruzer Blade 16GB stick and the upgrade went without a hitch. I did initially try a PNY 32GB stick, which returned "No Files Found".

Thanks, guys!

·
Registered
2012 Charger SXT
18 Posts
FWIW, the file structure posted by @gustafa75, (with the added gmapdem.img) worked fine copying 2023.20 North America from my Garmin 3590 to CTP13. Like last time around, I used a Sandisk Cruzer Blade 16GB stick and the upgrade went without a hitch. I did initially try a PNY 32GB stick, which returned "No Files Found".

Thanks, guys!
I've never had luck with anything but a Sandisk Cruzer. Been using the same one for about 8 years now.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I use a 8GB SanDisk Cruzer.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts