Dodge Charger Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I’m new to owning a 2015 charger tonight my charger ran out of gas I tried using a regular funnel but the gas was leaking onto the street I later researched that I need to use the safe funnel that is supplied in the trunk. Is it common to leak gas if u use a different funnel ?im here stuck at work my charger was towed home in the morning I plan on searching the trunk for the funnel and try to put gas in the tank again I’m so confused. I hope I don’t have a hole in my gas tank any advice???

·
Registered
2017 Charger R/T Blacktop
3,676 Posts
You need to use a funnel with a long spout. never heard of one being supplied in the trunk. Get gas when the gauge reads 1/4 and you won't run out of gas.

·
Registered
2017 Charger R/T Blacktop
3,676 Posts
There is definitely a specific funnel in the trunk for this, yes it's supposed to run out on the ground if you're not using the funnel supplied...
I have never seen one and have owned a 2011 bought new and a 2017 bought used.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Mine was located in the spare tire area. Could be under the tire or jack. At first I did not see it until I started moving stuff around.

·
Registered
2019 Dodge Charger R/T
9 Posts
There is a small "flapper" in the fuel pipe that seals the system - so as a previous poster said, you need a long-necked funnel to reach down the line and hold open that flapper.

Like you, I'm new to Chargers. But I think your 2015 has the same setup as my 2019 in that there is a small funnel located in the trunk. Lift the trunk floor (the area that covers the spare tire compartment) and the funnel should be stuck to the bottom of the floor piece.

Font Parallel Rectangle Handwriting Diagram

·
Registered
198 Posts
Here's a pic of factory location and funnel itself, on a 16 at least... It prolly gets popped off of the cover and gets bopped around in the spare tire compartment...

Grey Kitchen utensil Cutlery Tableware Font

Automotive tire Sleeve Wood Grey Rectangle

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
I think your 2015 has the same setup as my 2019 in that there is a small funnel located in the trunk. Lift the trunk floor (the area that covers the spare tire compartment) and the funnel should be stuck to the bottom of the floor piece.
Same for 2012 Charger.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
A funnel needs to be a diameter that will fit the hole and compress two fill flapper locking nubs.

Helmet Automotive tire Headgear Hat Personal protective equipment

·
Registered
74 Posts
Wife's new '21 Durango GT Plus also comes with a similar Emergency Fuel Fill Funnel, also located in the spare tire jack area. Any funnel with a similar diameter, and at least a few inches long neck to get past the 2 flappers in the fill tube should work. My '06 Daytona, which has a conventional gas cap, doesn't need this. At least on my '06, it's easy to install a locking gas cap.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts